Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unlock a vodafone prepay?

• 06-02-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

if i bought a prepay from there website how easy would it be to unlock?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Go to any unlocking shop and they will be able to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

what would be cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

100% correct I have a Nokia 6700 on my desk right now that can't be unlocked and this one is locked to Orange..

was thinking of the 6303 as its good value at moment

• Advertisement

do all vodafone phones come with the vodafone name branded on the front?

Great, thanks.

I'm on the O2 network at present, happy to stay there as the majority of family and friends are with O2 and for my €20 every 30 days i can get free calls & texts to them. So i'm happy with that.
    But also i feel O2's prices for phones are higher than Vodafone which is why i'm thinking of buying from Vodafone and then unlocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

aster99 wrote: »
    was thinking of the 6303 as its good value at moment

You good value would be pointless, its about €40 to get the 6303 unlocked.

would it be that much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

For that model yes, might even be slightly more in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

I'm thinking of getting Vodafone & unlocking it to use on Meteor. I know you can use Aerix to unlock SE phones (I'm planning on getting C510). Was wondering if phone will work as normal when I put my Meteor sim in? Also, are you meant to put the sim card in before you unlock phone? I'm sure that's a stupid question but I know nothing about this stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The phone will work fine with the Meteor sim if you successfully unlock it. No need to put the sim in until afterwards. However ,you will have to download certain Meteor settings to get the Internet browsing and stuff working.

I won't be using the internet so is that the only problem I'm likely to encounter? Would I buy the phone as if I'm an existing vodafone customer?

Or if you have a mate on Vodafone they could upgrade and get whatever credit is going.

If I buy it as a new customer how does that affect the whole unlocking process? I guess I'd have to port to Vodafone and then have it unlocked?

Do you mean ask vodafone for a new number? So then I'd be able to keep my number without porting, just by using my old sim card?

Do you mean ask vodafone for a new number? So then I'd be able to keep my number without porting, just by using my old sim card?

Exactly. Just swap the sims, after unlocking.

• Advertisement

It's €20 cheaper to buy the phone if you switch from another network, would it be much more hassle to do it that way?

Think I'll just pay the extra and buy as an existing user, my mum is vodafone so I'll just get the phone and stick my sim card in it. It's still €40 cheaper than meteor : )

Presume it doesn't make any difference whether I buy as existing customer or new connection?

So they'll see her as having bought the new phone and she'll be able to get the upgrade credit for her number even if she never uses the phone? She won't need to actually put her sim card in it will she?

Advertisement