Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargains and activities for parents.

Options
  • 06-02-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Post up any bargains / activities for parents here. With the hard economic times coming up I imagine that it would be useful for folks to on this forum as parents to have a resource and info point on how to save money on the basic things that we want to do outside of the whole basic movie and sweets thing.

I would be cheeky enough to ask it to be a sticky at the mods discretion and possible discussion.

For example in my area: Blackrock castle offer free workshops for kids on the cosmos at the first friday of every month. Also today I was offered a lovely workshop on puppet making on the north main street art centre (the old church). Other activities are offered over the coming weeks as well, totally free.

I find these activities educational and interesting for both parent and child in any situation plus they are actually free! That combined with the fact that I have also found that dunnes stores have been selling kids clothes for approximately a sum of 1euro per item for the last week!

I am an avid bargain hunter with lots of free time at the moment. I'm sure that other parents would benefit by an exclusive bargain alert area combined with an activity alert area as well?

I found most of my bargains on the hotfoot as they are not mostly advertised v.well. I suppose if enough interest in this is generated then I and others will hopefully post up as such.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Good idea, I asked before if I could post a thread on the place where I work, received permission from Thaeydal but never heard back from the big boys. Anyway mods, if it is not allowed you can delete.

I take kids photos mainly but also family in Liberty Market on Meath Street, Dublin. I print up to 8x10 on site and also print canvas prints. I'm quite reasonable at €15 for an 8x10, no sitting fee and you can choose the pics you want straight away, no pressure selling, you only pay for the ones that you want. Keyrings also available.

The market is great, loads of things in there, shoes are dirt cheap, tracksuits, outfits, communion and confirmation, pretty much anything you could possibly need really, adults stuff, home decor, gifts and cards even plants.

Anyway if anyone pops in even just to get other stuff sure pop over and say hello, the market is open Thurs through to Saturday from around 10 - 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

good idea - just please post where you are as well?
    In Kildare I think membership of Little Joeys in Naas is great value. For 30euro for 3 months you get 1 childs membership, all day every day. for under 6s they have great little classes and free wireless.
    We have been members since june and go at least once a week, great for sun shade in summer and rain shade all year long.

Advertisement