Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that totally turn you off someone

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

BluesBerry wrote: »
    What's a Tramp Stamp?:confused::o

I imagine it's the tattoo on a girls lower back that I wish to aim for? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Men using a 'baby' voice thinking it's cute. FYI, it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

There is nothing to which I will not sink.

Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Wacker wrote: »
    I lost interest in a girl the first time she writes your when you should have written you're.

I'd agree, but shouldn't your post have ended "......when she should have written you're" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Dragging up a 2 month old thread to correct grammar. I don't know whether to hit the thanks button or just give up on AH forever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'd agree, but shouldn't your post have ended "......when she should have written you're" ?
    Well seeing as we're correcting grammar. That whole sentence should have been the following;

I lost interest in a girl the first time she had written your, when she should have written you're.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Girls that address you as 'dude'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Noisy ****ing eaters. :mad:

Drives me up the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

straight men being camp or any man who use's the word darling when talking to another man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

People with short teeth/big gums. Can't handle it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wimmen finding Spongebob Squarepants so crazy and "zany" and the best thing since fake tan.

.....a poor man's Ren & Stimpy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

whena girl say the word hole as refering to her arse like ask me hole or i will and my hole i swear its just like meh, no interest any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh god, I do so many of the things on this thread :o

Then again I agree with loads of the trivial turn-offs so I can't be all bad!

I dislike:

body hair
    long hair
    external piercings on a man (the only guy piercings I like are tongue piercings)
    negative people- though that's not that trivial I suppose
    crooked teeth
    Columbia wrote: »
    I was invigilating exams last month, and one thing I did out of boredom in one exam was count the number of girls wearing Uggs. The hall had 250 STUDENTS, about half of which were girls, so roughly 125 of the things.

49. 49 out of 125. Fair enough, it wasn't a fair sample, as the reason I ended up counting was that I was walking around and realised "holy sh*teee a lot of these people are wearing the same shoes...", but still an outrageous proportion I thought.

I told this to my girlfriend and she said "actually I would have thought it'd be more"

Uggs are total exam shoes though, I don't even own a pair yet in an exam last year I was staring at the feet of the girl beside me wishing I had a pair of her shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

This is the most incredible thread I've ever read. Is there no end to the things people piss about? I can normally read a thread through but this is just one giant collective moan! I gave up after 6 pages, the I'm feeling lucky thread was easier!

Can't think of anything that would put me off the right person, but to have to put up with a smoker if I didn't smoke would be the worst. I smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Right-wing tendencies.
    Humourlessness.

Anything else is either too trivial to matter, or too much of a deal-breaker to call 'trivial'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭mojesius

man-bags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Funny toes
    I dont like feet anyway, cannot understand foot fetishes although a nice little feminine foot can be nice.
    However, disjointed looking toes, yuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

bad table manners
    smoker
    cocky
    big hands/big feet
    bad breeding
    stupidity
    tattoos
    lots of piercings
    heavy breathing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

bazmaiden wrote: »
    3 nipples

Makes me wish I had three hands:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Yea, The Mother-in-law belching?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

Bonito wrote: »
    Well seeing as we're correcting grammar. That whole sentence should have been the following;

I lost interest in a girl the first time she had written your, when she should have written you're.

tbh

I lost interest in a girl the first time she wrote "your", when she should have written "you're".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SteeveSmith

people who constantly say "yep mhmm aye aye i know what you mean" etc when youre talking to them. hate it so much, i just dont talk to people who do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

taches.. girls ..come on wtf? Theres all sorts of cures.. PLEASE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Giselle wrote: »
    If they mention they 'seen' something instead of 'saw'. Or if they say they 'would of' done something instead of 'would have'.

:o

Perhaps they are saying "would've" which is an abbreviated form of "would have" and sounds very similar to "would of".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

I thought it was hilarious that this was the first post:
    When I fancy someone, sometimes something fairly fickle will totally kill it for me. For example guys putting knifes into their mouths to suck food off. Anyone else got something fairly innocuous that makes their heart sink and lose the buzz for someone.

Because I read the thread title and the first thing I thought of was "LICKING THE GODDAMN KNIFE!" I can't stand bad table manners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

swallowing really loudly when drinking or someone eating noisily when you're watching something (it only annoys me when I know them well and probably don't like them all that much anyways :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 D bold one

When I fancy someone, sometimes something fairly fickle will totally kill it for me. For example guys putting knifes into their mouths to suck food off. Anyone else got something fairly innocuous that makes their heart sink and lose the buzz for someone.

The wrong kind of shoes could turn me right off someone...That or the wrong accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

--LOS-- wrote: »
    swallowing really loudly when drinking or someone eating noisily when you're watching something (it only annoys me when I know them well and probably don't like them all that much anyways :D)

Depending on our moods, my brother and I have nearly come to blows at the dinner table over eating loud. I feel your pain.

Its like he's showing off that he can eat or he's trying to share it with everyone :confused:

you know, thinking about what I just said, I really think trivial things dont turn me off someone I have just met, it's the bigger things that would turn me off someone I don't know and the trivial things that might bother me when I know someone well.

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    Depending on our moods, my brother and I have nearly come to blows at the dinner table over eating loud. I feel your pain.

Its like he's showing off that he can eat or he's trying to share it with everyone :confused:

:D

actually my family at home complain I eat too loud :( or that I eat with my mouth open, I don't notice it myself but I know if I do I definitely don't do it outside of that environment, it's just coz you're relaxed at home.

Advertisement