Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux - what distance from chimney?

Options
  • 07-02-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is the minimum distance that you can locate a velux window from a chimney?

I have a chimney about 1.5m down from the roof ridge at the back of the house and I want to put a couple of velux windows in roughly the same area of the roof.

Tks

Naux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I should know this but I will need to check it out to be absolutely sure but I think a velux has to be 1 metre from a chimney. I'll get back to you on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

"The outlet of a chimney should be not less than 1 m above the top of any opening skylight, opening window or wall ventilator within 2.3 m." - TG: Part J

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

icbarros wrote: »
    "The outlet of a chimney should be not less than 1 m above the top of any opening skylight, opening window or wall ventilator within 2.3 m." - TG: Part J

Chimney outlet should be minimum metre higher than the roofwindow. Check! No problems there.

What does the 2.3metres refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

Naux wrote: »
    What does the 2.3metres refer to?

see image:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

icbarros wrote: »
    see image:

Perfect,Thanks:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement