Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead dog found - Near Laurel Park/Kilcohan

• 07-02-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Just took a dog off the main road outside Laurel Park if anyone is missing one, unfortunately it had been recently run over and was dead.

Looked like part Jack Russell, maybe a bit bigger than a pure Jack Russell though.

White and tan, with a red collar (no tag). He is now on the grass verge between Laurel Park and the main road.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jesus, RIP. There have been notices up around town and on WLR about a missing dog from the polberry area. A jack russell is what was reported missing, last week I do believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Saw a flyer for the missing Jack Russell in Poleberry, seems like he's a 7 1/2 week old pup that answers to the name of Jack, so this dog seems to be a fully grown dog so may not be him, remember feeling sorry for a lost 2 month old pup but figuring someone would take him in if he was still alive.
    Can only imagine the stress on the owners losing a young dog like that especially if there're kids involved .So I'm keeping my eyes open for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ah the poor dog. Id probably be balling me eyes out if I knocked down an animal. Fair play to ya for moving him out of the road though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Just to clarify, I did not knock him down, but nearly ran over his corpse as I didn't see him until the last second with the fog last night.

Just thought it better to move him off the road rather than leave him in the middle of the road.

Not even 100% sure he was knocked down actually, he didn't seem to have any visible injuries.

EDIT: Calling him 'he' in this thread, but not sure, never thought to check for anything beyond a pulse and a collar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I know you didnt knock him down. i was only saying what I would be like if i done it. I would be caught easily. Having an impromtu funeral on the side of the road. Loves animals and cant understand how someone could knock one down and keep going. As you said though its not definit if he was knocked down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement