Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camino de Santiago

• 07-02-2010 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone!

Am hoping to do part of the Camino de Santiago this Easter with my 11 year old daughter.... walking and possibly on horseback... any advice, info or links to sites with knowledge and/or personal experience would be appreciated.

We would like to make our own way and want to stay in accommodation that is clean, comfortable and good food, but it doesn't have to be 4 star ( preferably not!)

Would also like to hear from anyone else who may be thinking of going at the same time.

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's a crap phone, stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I did last 100k of the Camino about five years ago and my phone didn't have much coverage!!!

Easter is the perfect time to do it. Thats when I did it. Its not too hot but it did rain about 80% of the time. It's a lot of walking for an 11 year old though. Is she used to walking long distances? You walk on average 20 km a day. I'd imagine it would be pretty boring for an 11 year old, but if she's able and into doing it then what a wonderful experience.

Some of the hotels offer to send your bags on to your next destination - which could save you and your daughter having back problems in the future. It really is tough going when you're carrying the bags.

Other than that, it is truly a wonderful experience. An escape from reality for a short time, where all you have to worry about is getting to your destination!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's a crap phone, stay away.

Yes, but it does have an 8 Gigapixel Transputer CDMA-A-GPS-GRPS built in.

Bean Mhi, welcome to Boards.ie. As you can see, this forum is for talking about mobile phones. I suggest you try the Travel forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement