Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers' market on Emmet Place

Options
  • 07-02-2010 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

I stumbled upon the farmers' market in Emmet Place yesterday (Saturday) - just wondering if anyone knows whether it's going to be a regular weekly/monthly thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Apparently the farmers market at Emmet Place will be there for the next year or so, while the Coal Quay has its makover.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, it's the Coal Quay one moved. It'll be there until August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

It's actually kind of cool in a way. The atmosphere of the market seems more interesting via this placement, it is a more browser friendly place as well. Plus I think it enriches that particular area by actually making it more multicultural in a home grown sense.

I for one would like to see it as a regular feature. The local businesses there surely benefit by the extra traffic as well? I think that It is a good use of previously unused space and a good choice of location for the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's actually kind of cool in a way. The atmosphere of the market seems more interesting via this placement, it is a more browser friendly place as well. Plus I think it enriches that particular area by actually making it more multicultural in a home grown sense.

I for one would like to see it as a regular feature. The local businesses there surely benefit by the extra traffic as well? I think that It is a good use of previously unused space and a good choice of location for the market.

It is a regular feature and will be there till the Coal Quay is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

It is a regular feature and will be there till the Coal Quay is finished.
    I suppose I meant to say that it should be more of a permanent feature.

• Advertisement
Advertisement