Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leg cramps in second trimester

• 07-02-2010 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I am in my second trimester (24 weeks) and get bad leg cramps especially at night just when i go to sit down or go to bed!...I have read so many books and each book gives a different diagnosis from deficiency in calcium to magnesium.. Does anyone else suffer from this or have any cures?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Banana's for potassium!

If you got a leg cramp stand up with both feet flat on the floor it'll go within seconds.

So painful :(
    Tonic Water with Quinine and Bananas!

I've actually taken quinine tablets for this but during pregnancy tonic water is good - if you can stomach it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eggtop_r

oh cool..will stock up on bananas and tonic water then!! thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

The midwife told me to rotate my foot from the ankle around in circles, I found that worked for me anyway :) Though only if you do it slowly, if you try to move suddenly it can make it a bit worse

Advertisement