Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it possible to tune in a specific wireless frequency

Options
  • 07-02-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

how are things, just wondering can someone answer this for me, I cannot seem to find the answer online thus far.

we have a baby monitor that broadcasts on 4 specific frequencies of 2.4ghz network. what I wanted to find out is, is it possible to tune in a wireless network into picking up a particular signal/frequency ?

the reason I ask is that the portable screen that we got with the unit is about 2.5 lcd screen and is quiet poor at sound.

we have a pc setup in the living room and if we could have it on this screen it would make live easier!

any thoughts or suggestions ?
    we have cat 5 through the house as I was looking at changing the camera to a IP based one ? would this be a better option and any suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

You can't do it easily.

The ip camera is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try changing channel on the baby monitor device, there should be a slider switch on each with a,b,c or something similar, pick the same on both

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

just to clarify a bit on the posting

the baby monitor has a small camera which has led's to work at night.
    it transmits on 4 frquencies along the lines of 2.435, 2.455 etc

we have tried the 4 different frequnecies and the interference is terrible.

we have a basic sound only one and this has the basic A/B slider on it, this too suffers terrible interference.

the thing we like alot about the camera baby monitor is the fact that it has a small speaker on the tiny lcd display screen. this allows you to hear and see what is going on (saving alot on trips up and down the stairs!:P)
    - you can also hook it into the AV in on a TV which is a nice add-on.

the trouble is just the interference! so I was hoping that I could get the PC/wireless to tune into the frequency from the camera-maybe this would help the interference!

Advertisement