Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poor cctv when using loftbox hdu681

Options
  • 07-02-2010 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone can help. I have a labgear hdu681 loftbox with sky + running through it. The skybox is in the sitting room and I have RF2 feed from the box back to the loftbox as is supposed to be. Everything works ok magic eyes included but I have very poor CCTV picture around the house and none at the t.v. in the sitting room. The t.v. in the sitting room is connected to the sky box via RF1 and through a onkyo 606 amp via HDMI. There is a switch on the loftbox it has 2 positions, sat and uhf + cctv. It is in the sat position which its supposed to be, if I switch it to the uhf and cctv I get good cctv picture around the house but a bad picture at the sitting room t.v. All is wired up properly as far as i know, can anyone shed some light on this problem.

Many Thanks,

cabbott.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Am I right in thinking you have a single camera or the output of a DVR into the distribution amplifier for the house?? This amp has two settings one for SAT and one for UHF and CCTV and if you flick the switch one thing suffers?? Are all the TVs wired into the same place or is there two outputs?

Can you post a link with the kit used?

See its important to rememner CCTV is Componant Video, its not tuned into a frequency. For example you can not put a camera directly into the Aerial feed of a TV, it has to go into the AV part.. Can you amp distribute a central DVD for example? When you mix component and RF, one will shut off..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Does the cctv go through an rf modulator before the loft box. You need to pick a channel that is at least 2 channels away from anything else.
    Does this make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

here is the link, this says 641 which is the 4 tv model mine is the 681 which is the 8 tv model, the cctv signal is from a dvr and is run through a modulator. thats right fusionnet when i flick the switch, i loose remote eyes but i have cctv, but is only good at the tvs which are fed from the outputs the main tv in the sittingroom is still poor. jnealon, ive tried switching the modulator to another channel but i didnt get it at all, i must pick another channel to see if it tunes into it, but anyway, when i tune it, its not near any other channel. i hope this makes this a bit clearer for ye.

thanks for the help so far.

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/store/Labgear-HDU641-Aerial-Amplifier.htm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Electrical.

Advertisement