Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simon and Garfunkel set to come to Dublin!!!!

• 07-02-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

It was in The Mirror yesterday that Simon and Garfunkel are coming to our shores in the summer playing either The RDS or The O2 Arena! Apparently details will be announced in the next couple of weeks! Let's hope that for once The Mirror is telling the truth! I saw these guys in 2004 and have since seen them both on solo tours. We had front row center stage for Art Garfunkel in Vicar Street! It was amazing!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What's the betting that this will be close to €80

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭musicmania

Will be worth every cent whatever the price. Leonard Cohen was €125 but one of the best gigs I was ever at. I'd pay it in an instant if he came again. I'd be living on beans and toast but I live for live music and even though the prices are always hiked up here it is a price I'm willing to pay if it means seeing my favourite acts live. I know people who spend that on a night out where they get plastered and can't even remember the night. At least I'll have my memories for life! (BTW I rarely drink alcohol at gigs) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭rednik

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    What's the betting that this will be close to €80

That will be your drinks bill, tickets if in the 02 will probably be a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Pity Garfunkel will be there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Annoyed I skipped them in Australia last year, now it'll be very expensive.

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Pity Garfunkel will be there....

I love them both as individual artists but you need both these artists together for these songs. While I have the utmost respect for paul Simon as the creator songs like Bridge Over Troubled Water are made extra special by Art's magical voice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

saw them at their last RDS concert a few years ago----worth seeing but found them very 'stiff'' in the way they performed...it felt they were doing it purely for the money...The Everly Brothers supported which was a bonus to see two legend acts in one night

They weren't long back together and were still awkward with each other. To my knowledge they have since moved on and are on better terms now. They have been touring for the last while. Found a good few reviews and ALL were really positive. This one is the best and if they give us a show like this I'll be absolutely delighted!!!!!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/2499391/Gig-review-Simon-and-Garfunkel-in-Auckland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

yea musicmania, I would agree with you....it was early days for them back together again when that concert happened...I would recommend anyone to go see them who hasn't as reckon it will be one of the highlights of this summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

saw paul simon a few years back and he was great, this will be very tempting depending on the price...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭sabrewulf

The best tickets for S&G were €180 in Germany in 2004 (Cologne show). Since tickets in Ireland are more expensive, I expect the best category to be between 200 and 300 Euro...
    If they get confirmed for Dublin and (the cheapest category) tickets are less than 200 Euro, I'll go see them again. These living legends are really entertaining live. :)

cheers!

sabrewulf

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

SeeN Paul Simon play in Killkenny in 2002 when I was about 17. Best gig of my life. Tickets were only about 50 quid at the time. If it costs that that much I may give it a miss.

Advertisement