If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV + Speaker Package Request

Options
  • 07-02-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am thinking about a new setup for my living room.

I am looking for a TV (37" - 42") with the best possible picture. I will also need two HDMI cables.

I am also interested in a 2.1 sound system, ONKYO HTX-22HD looks to be almost exactly what I need (although I wish it had a couple more HDMI inputs). I will also need two brakets to mount the speakers on the wall.

I live in Dublin so can pick up at the Phillips shop if I can save a few euros on delivery, but not a big deal either way.

I have a total budget of E1500 for the lot but actually I am looking for the best value deal I can get and can be a little flexible on budget if it makes sense.

Let me know what you can come up with.

DB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭db707

Bump ;)

Bump again :rolleyes:

Actually in the last couple of days of waiting for an answer I think I have figured out what I want.

For the TV I would like to go for the 42PFL8404H, can I still get the 4 year warranty :o, also how are you doing on stock, it seems like some on here have been waiting for a while, I need to get something by next week.

I am still interested in the ONKYO HTX-22HD.

I think the TV is E900 with the boardies discount and the ONKYO is £225 with the boardies dicount, can you confirm and give me a total Euro price.

Can I pick up in the Philips shop on Dame St ?

If you have the brackets & HDMI cables great, but no problem if you don't, I can pick them up anywhere.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

db707 wrote: »
    Bump again :rolleyes:

Actually in the last couple of days of waiting for an answer I think I have figured out what I want.

For the TV I would like to go for the 42PFL8404H, can I still get the 4 year warranty :o, also how are you doing on stock, it seems like some on here have been waiting for a while, I need to get something by next week.

I am still interested in the ONKYO HTX-22HD.

I think the TV is E900 with the boardies discount and the ONKYO is £225 with the boardies dicount, can you confirm and give me a total Euro price.

Can I pick up in the Philips shop on Dame St ?

If you have the brackets & HDMI cables great, but no problem if you don't, I can pick them up anywhere.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.....

DB,

apologies for the awful delay in getting back to you.

Ok the 42PFL8404 is finally coming back into decent stock this week (we finally have enough stock to clear all our Customer orders now and more incoming this week! :D) - I'm not 110% sure about the 4 year warranty as it is supposed to finish at the end of January - however I'm sure we can get it sorted for you (nudge nudge ;);)).

The price on the 42PFL8404 is €999.99 and with your Philips Shop boardie 10% discount that comes down to just €899 - we don't do a blanket Boardie discount in Richer Sounds - however I can do a £10 off the Onkyo HTX22 leaving it at £239.95 / €279.99.

The speakers with the Onkyo HTX22 don't need brackets (from memory :confused:) as they have a screw hook on the rear.

On the HDMi front I can do the Panasonic HDMI's for £12.99/ €14.99 for the 1.5 meter (reduced from £19.95) or £19.95 / €22.99 for the 3 meter (Normally £29.95).

The total price for the 42PFL8404 / Onkyo HTX 22 / 2 * HDMI therefore would be just €1208.97 (Sounds like €1200 to me personally..) including Dublin delivery.

Again apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I'm away tomorrow but if you mail to shopfloor@richersounds.ie or johnmc@richersounds.ie we will get you sorted.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John,

42PFL8404 / Onkyo HTX 22 / 2 * HDMI @E1200 and a January stretching 4 year warranty on the TV and we have a deal :D. I will send an e-mail in the morning and thanks for getting back to me. Cheers.

DB

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

DB,

Thanks for that - it's so cold that it still feel like January anyway!!!

Looking forward to getting you sorted and thanks for the order - It's much appreciated :D

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Got the TV and sound all set up and very happy with the results. Thanks to the Philips Shop + RS (especially Dave) for all your help. See you guys soon.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.