Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Lunch

Options
  • 07-02-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Decided not to cook today,so can anyone recommend somewhere nice in town for lunch.Doesn't matter where, as I'm driving anyway. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

Keane's pub in Oranmore village.
    Oranmore Lodge hotel (Sunday lunches good, Saturdays's very quiet)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eggtop_r

Cloonacauneen castle,tuam road..v busy on sunday's tho so may need to book in advance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

Ive been to the Menlo park hotel on the headford rd a few times and they do a nice carvery lunch. Bar food is good aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

When we don't cook, its the Tulsi all you can eat buffet lunch for me. Not your traditional Sunday Lunch, but you won't eat again for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Crossroads in Moycullen do a 4 course sunday lunch for 16.50....not sure what the quality is like but fot that price its worth a go id say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

all depends on your budget.

mcswiggans is good food at a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Bodkins Bar (Kingsvalley Hotel) Merlin Park
    do a nice carvery Sunday lunch.
    t'was nice today!

I know it's a bit late to be telling you now at 10 o clock at night,
    but for the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Magnus wrote: »

Safe bet. Always quality. Prepare to wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Can't knock The Oslo. Lovely service, but a bit messed up in charges relative to content. Some filling bargains, but when getting adventurous in my choice, paying €12 for a noodle main course I was expecting something more than.................noodles! Thought there'ld be a bit of steak slipped in at that price :-) Mea culpa!

It's one that often annoys me (as with pasta) a peasant dish in one country is premium here.

They are kid-friendly. A few boardgames and toys and space to ramble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Great minds and all that. Bodkins hit the spot.Thought the carvery was very good value. Thanks for all the advice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Bodkins is good any day of the week,you'll never leave there hungry.

Advertisement