Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Focus electrical prob, may have blown a fuse.(solved)

• 07-02-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking to link my sat nav and a digital thermometer off the 12v ignition feed from the back of the car radio. I linked the thermometer off fine, and when I switched on the ignition it would light up along with the radio. I then tried to link in my sat nav cable and nothing then came on from the ignition. Radio, thermometer or phone kit. Could I have shorted it out or just blown a fuse?:( Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 drs1

ok this is easy enough to diagnose if you have blown a fuse.
    ford radios can work either way regardless of igniton on or off
    but...
    if you have the key on and the radio on and switch off ignition it should turn off with the key, this will tell you the 12volt ignition feed is still there which means no fuse is blown
    if it is a fuse it will be located behind glove box which is easily popped out to check!
    hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Most likely you have blown a fuse.
    Your running a lot of stuff off the same circuit,Why?
    Wire up the sat nav on its own with its own inline fuse or you might blow it.
    If you short circuited the wiring you should of seen a spark or even heard a fuse blowing.
    Remember if you have blown a fuse then disconnent all the wiring you have done before replacing the fuse or it will prob blow again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Thanks for the advice lads, solved.

Checked which fuse it was for the radio in the Haynes manual, found it under the glovebox and was blown. Replaced it, rewired, covered with tape to secure and it's working a charm! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Good stuff.:)

Advertisement