Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive potholes on the new inn /Bullan road near the flyover

Options
  • 07-02-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

hi
    just a heads up to any one travelling that road, i was on it late last night,in the fog, and there is a massive pothole just before the flyover, and its difficult to see in time, i hit it it gave the car a good rattle, and its come as no suprise i have a flat this morning on the wheel the bore the brunt of it..:(

there were two cars in front of me that hit it also, they pulled in straight away to view the damage,

so just a heads up, hopefully it wont cause any more damage, but i have my doubts...:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Also, the road connecting the Loughrea bypass to the Abbey (Mount Carmel Road) is in bits. Not only are there massive potholes everywhere, there's also enormous humps of tarmac on the road heading into town. The road looks like someone took a masher to it. Good fun trying to slalom up there and avoid the potholes, mounds, and oncoming traffic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Ended up getting 2 new tyres this morning, the rim of the tyre that bore the brunt was warped from the impact...the 2nd one just needed replacing, cant really blame the pothole for that.... :(

i might contact the council about it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

hoody wrote: »
    Also, the road connecting the Loughrea bypass to the Abbey (Mount Carmel Road) is in bits. Not only are there massive potholes everywhere, there's also enormous humps of tarmac on the road heading into town. The road looks like someone took a masher to it. Good fun trying to slalom up there and avoid the potholes, mounds, and oncoming traffic :pac:

I use that road and its one of the worst i've ever seen. Its like someone gave a digger to a 5year old and let him loose on the road. Whoever thought it was a good idea to pile the gravel into a big heap in the middle of the road is a moran! I had some eejit in his big new Audi overtake me the other morning as i was going slowish trying to avoid the potholes/mounds so as not to wreck the car totally. He ended up in a huge pothole in the process.

You'd think with the new motorway that the council would be keeping the roads to it safe as presumably there is more traffic on them than before. Or have the council no money left for trivial things like roads?

Advertisement