Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much study should you actually be doing?

Options
  • 07-02-2010 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

wanting over 400 in leaving, how many hours a day would you want to be doing now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Due to football training and the likes. At the minute I'm doing 2hrs HW, 2hrs study on a Monday. 2hrs HW on a Tues. 2hrs HW 1hr study on a Weds. 1hr HW 2hr study on a Thurs. And 2hrs HW and 1hr study over the weekend.

Giving one hour to each subject each week. All I can afford to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I would want to do at least 3 hours a day but I'm possessed by the procrastination devil. I find it hard to stick to a timetable especially if it specifies on what subjects to study. I'm falling behind in every subject and I really want to catch up in subjects I like first (like Chemistry + Physics) because I know an hour of study in those subjects would be as beneficial as say, 3 hours for French.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

For f<>ks sake will you just do the study if you want 400 pts.I did my leaving last year and used to view this fourm regulary.It was helpful but you wont be helping yourself by posting stupid threads like this.You know you have to study so stop talking about it and DO IT!

/RANT:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

^ Most unhelpful comment. Go away if you have nothing helpful to say to OP.

OP, study as much as you can. It takes awhile before you get into a routine, but after two weeks ago it will come naturally to you if you sit down every night. Spread out your study over 7 days. Write down what you may have problems with - i.e. I had trouble with History so I gave this subject a little more time than the rest. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

just do 3 hours really but take breaks they actually are essential because if you dont you ll get aches and it shall only distract you more trust me and gud luck I am hoping the same:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I do after school study for 2hours Monday - Thursday.. after that I find it hard to do much more. I do all my homework at the weekend and then maybe 1 or 2hours study.. I feel like I should be doing way more but I can motivate myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

There's no set amount of study that will guarantee 400 points, it's all down to how you use your time and what you need to prioritise.

There are loads of threads on this forum about how to study, everybody studies differently but it's all down to being productive. It's not having someone tell you that 3 hours a night will guarantee you 400 points or whatever, because you could spend 2 of those three hours "making a study plan", i.e. procrastinating.

Don't worry about having to do X amount of hours, I would recommend you set goals with the material, not time spent studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

There's no set amount of study that will guarantee 400 points, it's all down to how you use your time and what you need to prioritise.

There are loads of threads on this forum about how to study, everybody studies differently but it's all down to being productive. It's not having someone tell you that 3 hours a night will guarantee you 400 points or whatever, because you could spend 2 of those three hours "making a study plan", i.e. procrastinating.

Don't worry about having to do X amount of hours, I would recommend you set goals with the material, not time spent studying.

x2

Lots of people say "Oh I was studying for 3 hours" but the quality was so bad they forget it all within a week. Its about getting the info in there, you should worry about getting through the courses not the time. And most the time to finish the courses well you need to spend as much time as you can stand studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirlx

As much as I can do! :P

Scary thinking of it!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Depends wholly on your intellect really. Some people will study like trojans and get the 400, and others will do very little and get the points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement