Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law bcl

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 arryanna

I got 460 in my mocks so heres hoping... With the aid of caffeine and cake I'm determined to get through the next few weeks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

arryanna wrote: »
    I got 460 in my mocks so heres hoping... With the aid of caffeine and cake I'm determined to get through the next few weeks :)

Already going on about being fueled by caffeine? You will fit right in with the monstrously banal college folk just fine. Just make sure you have a few facebook status updates about how hungover you are written in the third person to seal the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Already going on about being fueled by caffeine? You will fit right in with the monstrously banal college folk just fine. Just make sure you have a few facebook status updates about how hungover you are written in the third person to seal the deal.

To be fair, the third person status updates are the result of Facebook. One cannot update their status in the first person. This is because Facebook are an evil corporation who are slowly but surely turning us into soulless beings who do what they are told by those in charge. Step 1; Make them refer to themselves in the 3rd person so as to leave them out of touch with themselves and chip away at their ability to think autonomously

EDIT: It's already happening! I jumped from the tense of 'us' to the tense of 'they' in the one sentence!
    /closes Facebook tab

To be fair, the third person status updates are the result of Facebook. One cannot update their status in the first person. This is because Facebook are an evil corporation who are slowly but surely turning us into soulless beings who do what they are told by those in charge. Step 1; Make them refer to themselves in the 3rd person so as to leave them out of touch with themselves and chip away at their ability to think autonomously

EDIT: It's already happening! I jumped from the tense of 'us' to the tense of 'they' in the one sentence!
    /closes Facebook tab

I can and do update in 1st person, it just takes ignoring the face that your name appears quite close, but it is in an entirely different font so it doesn't look that weird. I enjoin everyone to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I can and do update in 1st person, it just takes ignoring the face that your name appears quite close, but it is in an entirely different font so it doesn't look that weird. I enjoin everyone to do the same.

I think I'd enjoin your posts more if the face that you could spell was true.

On a side note whoever said ignore points was dead right.

Everyone needs an aim to do well in the leaving cert. When your are trying to toss up whether you should start studying or watch one more episode of family guy you need something to think about.

For really motivated people they just think about doing well. For people like me, I look at law, realised it was 10 hours a week with almost no coursework. And realised that the laziest possible course of action, was to work my ass off.

Worth it.

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think I'd enjoin your posts more if the face that you could spell was true.

On a side note whoever said ignore points was dead right.

Everyone needs an aim to do well in the leaving cert. When your are trying to toss up whether you should start studying or watch one more episode of family guy you need something to think about.

For really motivated people they just think about doing well. For people like me, I look at law, realised it was 10 hours a week with almost no coursework. And realised that the laziest possible course of action, was to work my ass off.

Worth it.

I don't know how to spell fact, or it could be a typo, either way you look cool for mentioning it.

Edit: facebook status updates are usually so painful anyway that such things as using the 3rd person become less significant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Limerickhurler

Well lads. I hope to study law next year but dont have a clue where to go. Everyone says Trinity is the best. What are UCC and UCD like for law or does it matter where you go? I know the course in UCC is only 3 yrs, does that matter? Any advice please. Btw I want to become a barrister.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Jev/N wrote: »
    That's hardly your student number as your username?!

Certainly looks like it, 2008 the year in which he/she started first year (as they mention they are in 2nd year)

All we need now is a date of birth in their profile to access their sis account:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Well lads. I hope to study law next year but dont have a clue where to go. Everyone says Trinity is the best. What are UCC and UCD like for law or does it matter where you go? I know the course in UCC is only 3 yrs, does that matter? Any advice please. Btw I want to become a barrister.

UCC very good - around 120 students per year - good lecturers - very good for public law - constitutional, eu, administrative, human rights, environmental etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

jacko1 wrote: »
    UCC very good - around 120 students per year - good lecturers - very good for public law - constitutional, eu, administrative, human rights, environmental etc.

Would you happen to know why the degree in UCC is 3 years and in UCD it's 4 years? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

yourmother wrote: »
    Would you happen to know why the degree in UCC is 3 years and in UCD it's 4 years? :)

It's the institution's choice. UCD BCL used to be 3 years until recently.

One of the reasons I imagine is that if you did B&L for 4 years, you were getting most of the options that you could get if you did a 3 year BCL

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I wouldn't rule out a Law with course if you're interested in it!I'm doing Law with History and love the variety of the course.While doing the essays for history was hard at first it's a big help for the law ones,which usually need more research.

Also,you really don't hang around Roebuck as much as people say,since most of the lectures are big and are in the bigger theatres in the Arts or Science buildings.You'd swear it was in the back arse of nowhere the way some people here are talking!:pIt's ten minutes,max.

I'd be wary of the size of the course actually,as it can be difficult to settle in.I know bugger all people in my class, and made all my friends in societies and on campus accomodation.

I'd definitely recommend coming to UCD though,it's a great college for law,the lecturers are great.PM me if you have any more questions.:)

Advertisement