Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould on indoor plant soil

Options
  • 07-02-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭

Have a small orange tree growing on my windowsill indoors, keeping a water tray under it,it gets plenty of sunlight everyday (south facing room).

Its started to develop a white mould at its base and all over the layer of soil.

I'v planted some herbs in the same place and the same thing has started too.

The room doesn't get ventilated all that much(every third day or so for a short while due to the cold and being out of the house for work.

I'v resorted so far to replacing the top layer of soil with new soil, but I want to find the source as I'm afraid the herbs will just die if I have to replace the top layer.

Any help on what I could do?Should I put them outside for a while everyday?I don't want to put them outside though due to weather and the orange tree can't take low temps.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I really dont think the mould is goingto cause any problems at all...wait till the air heats up a bit and it should dry out.
    Its common on the soil in potted plants and really is nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

thanks degsy,will report if anything goes wrong.....and blame YOU! :p

Advertisement