Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekday Casuals (Wednesday Feb 10th)

Options
  • 07-02-2010 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Are any people interested in weekday casuals? I can never seem to make it to casuals on Saturdays and have only made it to three tournaments I think. Are there any people who can and even want to try have weekday evening meets?

Something along the lines of meeting at around 6 or 7 at XGC until 10 or so on a Wednesday? It would mean more regular meets and I'm sure there might be other people that can't always make it on Saturdays and would like to get some offline play in.

Will you be going to XGC on Wednesday? 8 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Not too sure i think we had this out before, saying money for renting the consoles could add up & keep people from going on Saturday if they want to.

Also people coming from the likes of tallaght aswell would be hard done by if they work out there or even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I'll definitely be up for it. I'm in trinity and I finish college at 4 on wednesdays, so any time after that is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Xinkai wrote: »
    Not too sure i think we had this out before, saying money for renting the consoles could add up & keep people from going on Saturday if they want to.

Also people coming from the likes of tallaght aswell would be hard done by if they work out there or even further.

I know that distance and money will be a factor but if people are in town or nearby they might want to have a few games, plus there'd probably be less people anyway, so you wouldn't need as many consoles as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Will be up for this for the next month or so I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'd be up for any mid-week meets.

I prefer mondays and thursdays cause then we can get the cheap drinks in Fibbers after. Much cheaper then those Saturday nights.

• Advertisement

Well if people can say what day suits them best maybe we could agree on one for this week? Any day so far is fine for me, was just picking Wednesday as it's midweek and gives people time before the Saturday casuals.

Yeah Wednesday sounds good to me just to have it spaced out (though I can probably make any evening, except possibly Thursday).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I definately wouldn't mind getting some extra casual games in before Cannes. don't want to embarras Ireland. :D

Wednesday sounds good to me. Maybe edit the title to say the date.

Are we saying 6 then? Or 4 for when Red finishes college?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll be there on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

I can be in for 4 np.

I can be there for 4 or 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I should be able to make this :). What sort of time will we be playing until? We normally quit at 6 on saturdays due to buses but we wont have that problem surely during the week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, to clarify, this week is not good for me as I happen to be in another country working. But I would be interested (at least a bit) when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

HMUYA wrote: »
    I prefer mondays and thursdays cause then we can get the cheap drinks in Fibbers after. Much cheaper then those Saturday nights.

2 euro drinks (pints, shots, bottles) in Dicey's Garden on Harcourt Street on wednesday nights!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I can play on Wednesday.

Gwan then.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ill be there

Dreddy i owe you money for a controller i got on your console last time we where all there... Ill pay you back on wedensday (Still well sorry for that)

Who plays on Xbox and who plays on PS3?

Theres a bitta both it doesn't matter we'll just rent out a ps3 & xbox 360.

• Advertisement

Ill be there

Dreddy i owe you money for a controller i got on your console last time we where all there... Ill pay you back on wedensday (Still well sorry for that)

Wasn't me who rented the console, twas Chopperbyrne. but apology accepted!:pac:

Will be there around 2 tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jim wrote: »
    Will be there around 2 tomorrow!

Around two???

Thought nobody was going until about four or five?

Around two???

Thought nobody was going until about four or five?
    Er...yes! Around 5. :pac:

I'm gonna go for 5. I'm bringing my PS3 stick, I'll bring SFIV and BlazBlue.

I'm gonna go for 5. I'm bringing my PS3 stick, I'll bring SFIV and BlazBlue.

BlazBlue? Now thats what i'm on about son! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ill bring my pad to avoid what happened last time :)

and a copy of the game jus incase

Can't make it today. I'll be there next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

A week early, but I might be able to pop in for a bit on the one next Wednesday (17th).

I'll mostly be playing BB probably but I might try to get a few SF4 matches in since I've given in and decided that I have to learn how to play it if I wanna have more than a handful of players as competition in a game I play up north. :P
    Don't laugh too hard at how woeful I am, I seriously have no concept of the fundamentals of the game yet. :((((((((((

• Advertisement

Vyze wrote: »
    Don't laugh too hard at how woeful I am, I seriously have no concept of the fundamentals of the game yet. :((((((((((

Zone, do combo, get mixup

Advertisement