Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water??

Options
  • 07-02-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

has it been turned off in Longwood?? i'm not getting any out of my kitchen tap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Sorry, not from Longwood, but in general, I can see that you might be the latest member of The Water Appreciation Society...
    We've lived in Dunshaughlin for the last six years and we have had many "No water" scenarios, and even "We have water but it's a disgusting brown colour" scenarios.
    I am the last person in the world who would advocate giving more money to the Government in the form of taxes (or in any form!) but I have come to the conclusion in recent years that the waste of water by the general public is nothing short of scandalous!
    Water charges should have been brought in donkey's years ago...it is the most precious resource in the world, much more so than oil, which is a commodity that has been placed artificially high in the "precious" league purely down to commercially and politically motivated power brokers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

CUCINA wrote: »
    Sorry, not from Longwood, but in general, I can see that you might be the latest member of The Water Appreciation Society...
    We've lived in Dunshaughlin for the last six years and we have had many "No water" scenarios, and even "We have water but it's a disgusting brown colour" scenarios.
    I am the last person in the world who would advocate giving more money to the Government in the form of taxes (or in any form!) but I have come to the conclusion in recent years that the waste of water by the general public is nothing short of scandalous!
    Water charges should have been brought in donkey's years ago...it is the most precious resource in the world, much more so than oil, which is a commodity that has been placed artificially high in the "precious" league purely down to commercially and politically motivated power brokers.
    huh??:eek:

so is there anyone who knows what the story is with the water in Longwood?:rolleyes:

Advertisement