Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microchip Question

Options
  • 07-02-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Bought a new black Cocker Spaniel yesterday, gorgeous little yoke, 10 weeks old... The lady I bought it off gave me puppy Luca's papers and vaccine papers etc and also gave me her microchip number. She told me I had to go and register the address and name etc but didn't tell me where to do it.

I attempted to Google it but its basically just giving me info on finding a vet that will actually microchip the dog. How do I go about registering the address etc? Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭shu

I would check with your breeder which type of chip it is, theres two databases for chips here in Ireland as far as I know, Animark and fido.ie. Fido chips can be registered very easily online but you need a code which is found on the registration form which comes with the chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Also check if the chip is already registered to the breeder. If it's in the breeder's name then the breeder will have to change the ownership of the chip into your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Thats the thing, I don't know which it is, the little stickers with the number on it, don't say which it is with... And I cant find the number of the lady who sold me the dog!

Looks like I'll be making a trip up to the vet tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Did the sticker come on a card?
    Mine were with Fido.ie, they came on a card with the number and a code to change details from breeders name to my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭GinaH

You can register with www.fido.ie think it costs a tenner, but it is the best database

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dublindogcare

yeah check out the fido.ie - its the most popular

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

fend wrote: »
    Thats the thing, I don't know which it is, the little stickers with the number on it, don't say which it is with... And I cant find the number of the lady who sold me the dog!

Looks like I'll be making a trip up to the vet tomorrow!

Did you go to the vet in the end?

If you want you can PM me the chip number, and I can see if the chip/dog is on any of the (3) Irish databases ;)

Advertisement