Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats my reason for requiring my clay gun?

Options
  • 07-02-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

trying to fill out application froms here. and stumped on which box to tick for the clay gun. it has to be "other" but seems odd that one of the most popular reasons for having a shotgun would be lumped in with "other".

its not for hunting- have another shotgun for that

its not for target hunting in an authorised range or authorised pistol/rifle club- this is for rifles afaik.

I'm not a member at any range, just a member of a game club that has clay shoots, and I do a bit myself in my own field and in my friends field.

must be other then?? or is it:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Just put it in other, shooting clays, you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

.50 (MOA) wrote: »
    trying to fill out application froms here. and stumped on which box to tick for the clay gun. it has to be "other" but seems odd that one of the most popular reasons for having a shotgun would be lumped in with "other".

its not for hunting- have another shotgun for that

its not for target hunting in an authorised range or authorised pistol/rifle club- this is for rifles afaik.

I'm not a member at any range, just a member of a game club that has clay shoots, and I do a bit myself in my own field and in my friends field.

must be other then?? or is it:confused::confused::confused:

Just put it down for hunting otherwise your going to confuse them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Just put it down for hunting otherwise your going to confuse them.

His other gun is down as hunting, always best to have a different reason for the second one lest they question why you need a second one.
    I was refused a rifle on the grounds that a shotgun was sufficient for hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

If you have 1 gun for game and another for clays then you need to state this on each application.
    also include your membership details and a photocopy of your membership if possible.
    write down on a seperate sheet why you require this second gun and state which type of shooting,competitions etc you compete in.
    once you can prove your reasons then you won't have a problem.
    Just give as much info as possible so the guard won't have to keep coming back with questions.
    best of luck.

Advertisement