Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach House

Options
  • 07-02-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Anyone else ridiculously looking forward to this?

Only a week to go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

3 weeks to their gig here, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Saw them last time they played in Vicar Street and was blown away. One of the best live bands I've seen.:o

I heard its in Vicar Street again this time though which is a bit annoying as it might be just a repeat of last time...I do wonder as well, if all their music is just going to be samey-samey. I wouldnt mind seeing them take a slightly different route when the bring out their next album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

sold out i take it..nothing on ticketmaster:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

notnumber wrote: »
    sold out i take it..nothing on ticketmaster:mad:

Yeah, Dublin gig sold out a few weeks ago, still tickets on sale for Belfast and Cork gigs though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I got the honour of hearing this band playing one night this summer in Central Park as part of an event called SummerStage.

Most concerts were free but some of the bigger bands weren't, including Beach House.

However, after work one day, even though tickets were sold out,I decided to chance catching them,as despite it being ticketed, the venue was outdoors, so if you got to a certain area you could catch the music pretty well for free. I had trouble finding the general venue at first, and it was torrential rain by the time I approached an entrance in Central Park.

In the distance, I could faintly hear them playing and as I got nearer and nearer, , the harmonies got louder and louder and were utterly enchanting. I then got right behind where the stage was, with just a wall dividing me. I sat by the benches, getting drenched, but just happy to get a chance to make the concert and my positinoning was pretty much perfect.

It went on for what seemed like ever, and the music suited the atmosphere and the arena beautifully, it was an ethereal and beautiful experience and something that you just didn't want to end. The crowd cheered and cheered as they got deeper and deeper into their set, and me and the crowd that I couldn't see and the band that I could only hear, entered into a period of bliss and zen away from everything, and a sense of being formed around that, this was a place to leave your problems at bay, even one of the busiest cities in the world ceased to exist.

The ferocity of the lightning above and the rain pouring down just added to the other worldliness of the performance, which I wanted more and more of. It is something I won't forget, and was my favourite music performances and a highlight of my summer.
    Thank you Beach House

• Advertisement
Advertisement