Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic NBA

• 07-02-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

ESPN Classic are showing classic NBA games this week in full if anyone is interested.. Should see some Magic, Bird, Jordan!! Cant wait..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Cool, good to see ESPN making an effort building up to All Star Weekend. Watching the Superbowl now as a practice run for the All Star game next week :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

anyone see tonight episode triple (or quadruple cant remember now!) overtime mahem celtics vs suns 1976 (year i was born) the game was manic the crowd stormed the court at the end of i think the 2nd overtime thinkin celtics won then ref says 2 secs left some guy from the crowd decided then to beat up the ref!! court was cleared suns scored and won with 2 sec on the clock!! epic.. man i can wait for tomorrows night episode and the jordan one.. 10 games in total 2 down 8 to go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

You'll love tonights one between the Celtics and Hawks in the 85 Playoffs. Arguably the greatest scoring duel of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭Biff11

Was unreal. Larry Bird scoring 60. Loving these classic games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Sea Devils wrote: »
    You'll love tonights one between the Celtics and Hawks in the 85 Playoffs. Arguably the greatest scoring duel of all time.

Think the game you're referring to was game 7 of the '88 Conference finals; Bird and Dominique Wilkins going at it. Amazing game.
    The game shown by Espn was also great, for other reasons; Bird on a ridiculous shooting/scoring spree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

ascanbe wrote: »
    Think the game you're referring to was game 7 of the '88 Conference finals; Bird and Dominique Wilkins going at it. Amazing game.

Doh!. My mistake. Thanks for the correction:)

Looks like they're showing the Pistons and Lakers going by their website. Hopefully it's the game 6 where Isiah Thomas played on a ankle sprain but still had a 25 point 3rd quarter. Thats probably my favourite NBA game to watchh of all time.

Advertisement