Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I lost my steam apps again!

Options
  • 07-02-2010 8:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Is there any speedy way to get the characters unlocked. For the second time in a matter of weeks I've lost my steam data and will have to go through the tedium of unlocking the games features again. I've been searching online for a character unlocker but to no avail. Is there any reg hacks or tweaks I can apply to hidden files to save me the hassle of grinding arcade mode again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I've PM'd you a link to download my save file, though I have a feeling it's linked to your GFWL account and won't work.

Replace your save.dat in My Documents > CAPCOM > STREETFIGHTERIV > %random characters% with that one.

If that doesn't work, make sure you back up your save file next time, as it is possible to replace your own save file in the PC version after reinstalling, unlike the consoles...

Edit: Just had a thought, if you have any backups of your PC, you'll be able to retrieve your own file, and that will definitely work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Cheers Red. I appreciate it greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

You spent the time unlocking the characters on the pc version?

From : http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197301

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I'd be very careful using cheat engine if you play any games with VAC. If you accidentally leave it running there's a good chance you'll get VAC banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

hmm well I've used this plenty of times, most people I know on the PC version have used it too. You only run it once, then everythings unlocked.

However I did not get the game through steam, so I can't comment on that. Although I've not heard of any issues from using this at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ok... I thought everyone knew about this. I've attached the utility you need.

Just make sure you don't currently have a profile saved for SFIV (if you do then just delete it from your games folder)
    1. Run this application
    2. Start up the game
    3. log in to your GFWL account and create a new save
    4. alt-tab out of the game and unlock the stuff you want
    5. alt-tab back into the game
    6. enter arcade mode, die and exit out
    7. let the game save to your profile
    8. exit the game and load it again to make sure everything saved
    9. simples

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Ok... I thought everyone knew about this. I've attached the utility you need.

Just make sure you don't currently have a profile saved for SFIV (if you do then just delete it from your games folder)
    1. Run this application
    2. Start up the game
    3. log in to your GFWL account and create a new save
    4. alt-tab out of the game and unlock the stuff you want
    5. alt-tab back into the game
    6. enter arcade mode, die and exit out
    7. let the game save to your profile
    8. exit the game and load it again to make sure everything saved
      [*]simples

Ha ha no wonder the meerkats got in to Super!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

I used the cheat engine and it worked for a while but then I lost all of the unlocked data again. Do I have to create a new profile in order for it to work? Or do I have to use it again and again

Advertisement