Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys are moving!

Options
  • 07-02-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

Just letting everyone know that we've decided to avail of the free transfer from Shattered Hand and we're moving to Sunstrider.

We've got until the 9th to make the move (iirc), so everyone should get going and transfer asap. We don't want to leave anyone behind so don't leave it too late to make the move.

See you all on Sunstrider!

I think we're looking for guild name suggestions too... :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

It won't let me move over with auctions up. I'll clear them tonight and then move.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Boardsies of Exile?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

I'll reoffer mine from chat:

GuildBank Guaranteed by NAMA

Unfortunately at 28 characters it's too long (guild names have a character limit of 24).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

We went with <Rental Metards> for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

"Naga Please"
    "Naga's stole my potatoes"
    "I crit my pants"
    "Oh yeah, crit on my face"
    "A Culchie ate my Tauren"
    "Boards Horde" (Still my fav)
    "Ma there's a Naga at the door"

Transfer in progress btw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Murlocks and Broomsticks

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Lois Griffin: Listen Peter, if you keep this up, something terrible is gonna happen.
    Peter Griffin: Yeah, something terrible... all the way to the bank.

<yeh, noobs.... all the way to the bank>

thats my best contribution although im sure ye wont like it:rolleyes:
    see ye there

nice, but too long :(

All transferred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<Dead Naga Storage>

I stole it from someone else, but it's too epic not to suggest.

• Advertisement

Can we all meet up on Org bank roof when you're transferred ? I'll leave myself logged in on one of the characters anyway

There's a guild here called "spastics" so I'm sure Mental Retards would be fine rather than Rental Metards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will be at the Org bank in a few mins.

2 failed transferes so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Uttik

Anti wrote: »
    2 failed transferes so far...

same

Also can one of you meet me in game on SH! I need a mule, My bags are full on both toons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Was literally instant for me for 3 of the 4 chars. I'll check the last one in a bit.

Right all done, I am not on the server,

Some fecker took my name

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aoodi

give the guild name something irish, i seen alot of slagging in trade when irish was mentioned.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Nice, welcome to the server guys! This decision has saved me a few euros in transfer fees :D. Not a huge fan of the guild name though.

I'm still without internet in my apartment, but I went home for the weekend and managed to level from 73-78. Was able to log in from work for 30 mins or so this morning so I got the guild invite (I'm Ocras in game btw), but not sure when I'll be able to get in again - NTL are really fcuking me about. I'm going to try to get online from work for a few minutes each day just to do some dailies, but that's by no mean a certainty. Will be the weekend before I hit 80 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

"pog mo thoin" :D:D best guild name ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

<derp>

<- borntohula

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Good stuff, I was going to suggest this during the last run of FCMs, I'll send Shamanhattan over now.

What's the population level on Sunstrider? How does it break down, country wise? As red_ice so succinctly put it, how much <derp>?

(just spotted the link to the realm stats page, nice to see a 1:1 H:A ratio, funny to see my old realm Terokkar has a higher pop, but never lagged as bad as SHand did! )

Ah the population is crap really but that's the be expected, they're not going to allow you transfer to another high pop realm.

BG's are active enough for levelling in if that's your choice, usually end after 11pm but you might find the odd one in the early hours if you're up that late.

Pugging the newer raid instances seem to be a right pain in the arse according to people I've talked with, if you can even get a group going at all.

Grow the guild, more Irish, we won't have to depend on others all the time.

The realm was the best of the 3 available but it's a shame they wouldn't just throw all the muppet SWE off SH in the first place and defeat the lag that way.
    Just open a SWE server and get it over with, save everyone else on other realms the pain of having to put up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

At least I'll be able to mine for g's now! Pugging shouldn't be much different, since the groups are cross-realm.
    I had to get my brother to log in and collect mail from my bank alt so I could move her as well. I've no BB at home currently, and 200g is a bit much to walk away from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

2 Espressi wrote: »
    At least I'll be able to mine for g's now! Pugging shouldn't be much different, since the groups are cross-realm.
    I had to get my brother to log in and collect mail from my bank alt so I could move her as well. I've no BB at home currently, and 200g is a bit much to walk away from.

u cant x realm raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

sigh, trying to log onto battle.net keep getting:
    XML Parsing Error: no element found
    Line Number 1, Column 1:
    ^

!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i wont be moving over lads, ran a lvl 1 around today its way to empty for me, and with the huge lack of pug raids i just wouldnt enjoy it there.

i would also get annoyed at the lack of arena partners.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    i wont be moving over lads, ran a lvl 1 around today its way to empty for me, and with the huge lack of pug raids i just wouldnt enjoy it there.

i would also get annoyed at the lack of arena partners.

Server is grand man, No lag, its active more then you think, Also very little SWE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Yeah I talked to a few people I know there and they said it's a pretty good server. Plus Horde apparently win a lot more WG's than Alliance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

I might transfer my toon over to you guys when im back in Ireland, gave WoW up last month, but im getting the mmo itch again :)

Advertisement