Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys are moving!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

From warcraft realms:
    Realm Alliance Horde A/H Overall
    Sunstrider 1,572 (45%) 1,927 (55%)

3500 pop! I didn't realise it was that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

2 Espressi wrote: »
    From warcraft realms:
    Realm Alliance Horde A/H Overall
    Sunstrider 1,572 (45%) 1,927 (55%)

3500 pop! I didn't realise it was that low.

ah dont mind them, they are not accurate at all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sounds like I saved myself some money

Started up our own little irish 10man guild with casuals and raiding sections

12/12 icc10 mains
    12/12 icc10 alts
    12/12 icc alt alts
    10/12 icc 10 HM

Going pretty swell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Doc whats your web site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Well Ad Arma is hardly full of elitist ****, if anything their raiding is more disciplined and less tolerant of slackers or people just generally taking the piss with raids/raiding/loot whoring. More power to them, wish them the best, think they've got it spot on.

Joined back in a social sense not so long ago and there were no problems with acceptance either as a social member.

After I hit 80 with the Druid though, Wow just got boring (in general really) - and I haven't the patience anymore nor can I make a committment to raiding so decided to go PvP instead and switch to Alliance as there are more Horde on the server to kill, even if I do have to provoke them to fight :mad:

I dunno what or who people have a problem with in the guild, or whether it's just general sh!t stirring but I always found them all a decent, friendly and capable bunch of lads and wish them the best :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I didnt have any problem in the guild. In fact i quite enjoyed my time there. I left the game before it started becoming a raiding guild. I just hate raiding, and as such would have no interest in being in a raiding guild.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

nix wrote: »
    And your playing the game a long time they probably didnt have a reason, where i have friends who are still learning the game and lets just say they gave them reason enough not to want to rejoin the "boards" guild :rolleyes:

yep! they were total cockholsters(not all, but most). really didnt know what to make of some poeple in that guild.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Any of you hordies doing any organised pug like icc10/25 i could jump in on??

Just quit raiding full time on old server and moved my rogue alt over and looking for a lil action if i can make it :D

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Madjake

Urg, hes currently in pvp gear but should update later on into pve :D

Hes in pve gear now !

nobody on sunstrider raiding ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

nobody on sunstrider raiding ? :(

Looks like full scale raiding is on hold until the next reset. There was a bit of drama in the guild, so a lot of people left/were kicked. Mainly just the whiny emos though!

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »
    Looks like full scale raiding is on hold until the next reset. There was a bit of drama in the guild, so a lot of people left/were kicked. Mainly just the whiny emos though!

Oh that drama!

What kinda raiding times do/did you guys do? Tried looking for your site but no joy..

Tried looking for your site but no joy..

I forgot to mention that one of the /gquitters was the admin for the site, so a new one has to be made. I'm only a social member in the guild at the moment, but iirc the summer raiding times were going to be Wed and Thurs from 20.00 to 23.00 and on Sunday night from 17.00 to 23.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Whats it like on sunstrider i just started up again since ive not alot going on this summer decided to reroll looking for a good server to join horde side
    edit: some guy gave me 45g in the starter area awesomeooooooooooOooo

Yeah im enjoyimg my stay so far, such a refresh to be on a populated server and my gold flow is off the walls brah !

My only gripe is i think its a bit one sided population wise as horde always tend to have WG :o

Yea i am liking it so far to even grouped with someone for a few hours the other day :eek: havent done that in a while anyway my name is morthallis on only lvl 11 atm going with a huntard i cant be stressed with tanking or healing again il take it easy this time :p

I'd love to hear more about this guild, it sounds so terribly good for t3h dramaz :D

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd love to hear more about this guild, it sounds so terribly good for t3h dramaz :D

Not much more to tell unfortunately. The guild seems to have died a slow and quiet death. /g chat is barren now a days.

ah well i moved my main char to bladefist horde names poetaetoes if anyone's on there an wants a hand with anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Lone Stone wrote: »
    ah well i moved my main char to bladefist horde names poetaetoes if anyone's on there an wants a hand with anything

the lads are on sunstrider

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Yeah im enjoyimg my stay so far, such a refresh to be on a populated server and my gold flow is off the walls brah !

My only gripe is i think its a bit one sided population wise as horde always tend to have WG :o

Come to Nagrand. It's ALWAYS held by stinking Allies. Us hordies don't get a look in.

• Advertisement

I wants t3h goss1p?!?!

So we know who are the **** talkers who post here haha

Cant help but notice alot of dead activity hear as of late, posters avoiding the place like the plague over a rift?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

My wowing consists of 5 minute bursts around WG with Mote Extractor and Hammer Pick, or until my new Level 1 Human Rogue wakes up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 birk

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Yea i am liking it so far to even grouped with someone for a few hours the other day :eek: havent done that in a while anyway my name is morthallis on only lvl 11 atm going with a huntard i cant be stressed with tanking or healing again il take it easy this time :p
    hey i rolled a druid, add me, egobal lvl12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

TheDoc wrote: »
    I wants t3h goss1p?!?!

So we know who are the **** talkers who post here haha

Cant help but notice alot of dead activity hear as of late, posters avoiding the place like the plague over a rift?

There weren't that many in the guild anyway who were regular posters on Boards and of those that were, all of them were nice people so I dunno what you're looking for here really other than trying to stir shít up like a big child ?

I'm not even in the guild but from when I was, in both the old and the reformed Ad Arma as a social member, I never had a problem with anyone and the only pissing and moaning that was ever heard in the old guilds (Boardsie boys and Rental Metards) was from those that got removed/booted for generally being dicks to other people or others from Boards who did join the guild but were continually taking the piss or had "issues" with other boards members for whatever reason, and generally just being chidlish retards. Anti's account was then hacked, guild disbanded but after he recovered his account the guild then reformed as Ad Arma and contrary to what some posted here, social members from Boards were more than welcome.
    I left to bring all my characters back to Draenor together and get 1 of every class to 80 before the expansion but the way the guild was run before I left was spot on perfect, no messing about, serious raiding for those that wanted it and no slacking, loot whoring or other crap were tolerated. Social aspect was also perfectly fine, no problems there either but I guess you need to know how to be friendly and make friends with others rather than just sit there in Dala/Org and expect whatever without making an effort yourself.
    Nothing bad to say about them, I dunno what happened in the guild recently or whatever went on, nor do I care, far as I'm concerned they were a nice bunch of lads/girls - no spoofers either, which was a breath of fresh air considering so many Irish were in the guild together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 birk

so is every1 still on sunstrider or moved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im still there anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I'm not even in the guild but from when I was, in both the old and the reformed Ad Arma as a social member, I never had a problem with anyone and the only pissing and moaning that was ever heard in the old guilds (Boardsie boys and Rental Metards) was from those that got removed/booted for generally being dicks to other people or others from Boards who did join the guild but were continually taking the piss or had "issues" with other boards members for whatever reason, and generally just being chidlish retards. Anti's account was then hacked, guild disbanded but after he recovered his account the guild then reformed as Ad Arma and contrary to what some posted here, social members from Boards were more than welcome.
    I left to bring all my characters back to Draenor together and get 1 of every class to 80 before the expansion but the way the guild was run before I left was spot on perfect, no messing about, serious raiding for those that wanted it and no slacking, loot whoring or other crap were tolerated. Social aspect was also perfectly fine, no problems there either but I guess you need to know how to be friendly and make friends with others rather than just sit there in Dala/Org and expect whatever without making an effort yourself.
    Nothing bad to say about them, I dunno what happened in the guild recently or whatever went on, nor do I care, far as I'm concerned they were a nice bunch of lads/girls - no spoofers either, which was a breath of fresh air considering so many Irish were in the guild together.

are you kidding me? I can stand a bit of casual racism, i dont agree with it, but every 2 seconds it was n***** this, p**i that and whatever else came about. Wiggles was possibly the biggest muppet i've ever met in my life, and that cucking funt was put up on a pedestal, everyone thought he was hillarious.

There were a couple of lads that on vent, would never shut up moaning about how bored they were all the time. When I actually tried to learn the game with some people in the guild i got slagged and moaned at for not getting high enough DPS. Honestly, they were the rudest and most immature bunch of tosspots i've ever come across. I ran into a chap called bulltongue also, he was an utter arsehole too.

Its pathetic the way some of those lads went on, honestly. I was looking forward to playing with some irish chaps and having a bit of craic, but i've been completely put off by it.

It was possibly the worst experience in my 11/12 years of online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Not much more to tell unfortunately. The guild seems to have died a slow and quiet death. /g chat is barren now a days.

I'm back playing, buddy.
    Mindi on Auchindoun. Keep it under your hat ;)

red_ice wrote: »
    are you kidding me? I can stand a bit of casual racism, i dont agree with it, but every 2 seconds it was n***** this, p**i that and whatever else came about. Wiggles was possibly the biggest muppet i've ever met in my life, and that cucking funt was put up on a pedestal, everyone thought he was hillarious.

Its pathetic the way some of those lads went on, honestly. I was looking forward to playing with some irish chaps and having a bit of craic, but i've been completely put off by it.

Tbh, I don't think that Wigglez was being serious. Him and the lads were just having a laugh in their own, childish way. No harm in that.

I'm still playing on Sunstrider, though I haven't been active much in the last week.

• Advertisement

red_ice wrote: »

There were a couple of lads that on vent, would never shut up moaning about how bored they were all the time. When I actually tried to learn the game with some people in the guild i got slagged and moaned at for not getting high enough DPS. Honestly, they were the rudest and most immature bunch of tosspots i've ever come across. I ran into a chap called bulltongue also, he was an utter arsehole too.

:eek:

sounds like i had a lucky escape :eek:

Advertisement