Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys are moving!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Notorious wrote: »
    Tbh, I don't think that Wigglez was being serious. Him and the lads were just having a laugh in their own, childish way. No harm in that.

I'm still playing on Sunstrider, though I haven't been active much in the last week.

The chap was an idiot. And I know a few lads who thought the exact same thing. He came on vent going on about how much LCD he did one night and how wasted he was, he wouldnt shut up. Seriously? If he was out of his face on LSD he'd be monged in a corner, not being coherant playing wow and talking to people on vent. Hes a fking loser.

Their own childish way? Sorry, but ganging up on people for no reason, and continually slagging them any chance they get with racial remarks for no reason at all isnt funny. Its pathetic. Do you think otherwise? Is that funny to you?
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    :eek:

sounds like i had a lucky escape :eek:

Im sure the people you got on with are nice. I was just left very bitter about the whole situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

red_ice wrote: »
    The chap was an idiot. And I know a few lads who thought the exact same thing. He came on vent going on about how much LCD he did one night and how wasted he was, he wouldnt shut up. Seriously? If he was out of his face on LSD he'd be monged in a corner, not being coherant playing wow and talking to people on vent. Hes a fking loser.

Their own childish way? Sorry, but ganging up on people for no reason, and continually slagging them any chance they get with racial remarks for no reason at all isnt funny. Its pathetic. Do you think otherwise? Is that funny to you?

Im sure the people you got on with are nice. I was just left very bitter about the whole situation.

i was in aoc and aion guilds with a few people of here seemed fairly sound but wasnt much chat going on or anything , anyway best of luck with the guild ppl im stickin to bladefist have fun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

red_ice wrote: »

No, hence why I just ignored it and let them mess about. You see that kind of carry on all over the internet. I find that you just have to learn to ignore it.

Anyhow, all that ended when Boardsie Boys merged with other guilds to create Ad Arma. It's been a long time since Wigglez and his buddies were in the guild.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Mortimor here. I think the first few months of the guild were great but things started to go downhill towards the end which I blame myself for. I let some other people try and turn the guild into something it was not. However I must say, when the guild was in its prime, it was the best wow guild I've ever been in. Some lovely people for sure. It was a pity about the drama amongst some of the members, and I just like to apolagise for not being a better guild leader and being pressured into turning it into a 'hardcore' guild. This was mostly the reason I left when ad arma was created. I felt the core idea of the guild ( a bunch of irish people having the craic ) had been destroyed and I no longer wanted to be a part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

well we could always give it a second go.

im gonna be stayin on sunstrider for the foreseable future, would prefer a casual type guild that still had a few raiding sessions every now and then, nothing too hardcore like

rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Time to address some issues i think..

A lot of which has been said here about the guild is 100% true, and some of the other stuff is just one sided. I can see where reddy is coming from, i know the whole uttik experience with you sure left a sour taste in your mouth, as it did with countless others (anyone know what happened to him btw?). But he moved on and so did we. Yeah wigglez was a bit of a ballbag, but he was some what amusing in the beginning, as time went on it did get a little repetitive. I cant see what the problem with bulltongue is though, i think hes a sound chap. Same goes for all the irish lads i met that came over, even copey who neither of us got on with each other here.

Ad Arma is still going, i kept the guild after we split in the hopes of bringing it back at some point as a casual/social guild. Most of the core players have since transfered over to different realms or stopped playing till cata comes out. I'm still in contact on the realm with quite a few of the lads, and they have all said they would like to give it another go at some point.

The main problem is we all seemed to have lost sight of what was going on, we started this for the craic, but with certain people joining the guild it went in the wrong direction. Thankfully that french bellend is gone (I think he was 90% of the problem) It was good while it lasted, and it was certainly nice to meet some of you somewhat in er... game. If any of you guys still want to make the guild back up give me a shout and i'll see what i can string together, and this time keep it for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Anti wrote: »
    If any of you guys still want to make the guild back up give me a shout and i'll see what i can string together, and this time keep it for fun.

I'm definitely up for getting it going again. A guild like copeyhagen suggested is something I'm up for - social with casual raids.

I'm still in Ad Arma as Steinbeck.

Exactly what I wanted all along. I'll give you guys a shout when I resubscribe during the week. I've still got my dk and priest on Sunstrider.

Notorious wrote: »
    No, hence why I just ignored it and let them mess about. You see that kind of carry on all over the internet. I find that you just have to learn to ignore it.

Sorry, no, you're wrong. You dont associate yourself with people like that, you don't just ignore it. Just because its rampant doesn't make it acceptable. As i said, i can take a joke, but when it comes down to people ganging up on someone for no reason, i wont be part of it.

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    I let some other people try and turn the guild into something it was not.

Thats a shame.
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    well we could always give it a second go.

im gonna be stayin on sunstrider for the foreseable future, would prefer a casual type guild that still had a few raiding sessions every now and then, nothing too hardcore like

rob

I would sign up for something else also provided it wasnt something too serious. Myself and 2 others set up a guild so we could stay in contact 'srs bsns'. The name obviously means nothing. Ill be on sunstrider for another month or so, see what happens. If theres no change im probs going to go to khadgar or faction change and go to outland/laughing skull.

Time to address some issues i think..

A lot of which has been said here about the guild is 100% true, and some of the other stuff is just one sided. I can see where reddy is coming from, i know the whole uttik experience with you sure left a sour taste in your mouth, as it did with countless others (anyone know what happened to him btw?). But he moved on and so did we. Yeah wigglez was a bit of a ballbag, but he was some what amusing in the beginning, as time went on it did get a little repetitive. I cant see what the problem with bulltongue is though, i think hes a sound chap. Same goes for all the irish lads i met that came over, even copey who neither of us got on with each other here.

I did a run with bulltongue and he was a bit of a tit, but i called him on it and he apologized. I just threw his name in because i felt people might have also experienced this side of him. Im sure hes a nice chap, he didnt seem to be THAT bad.
    The main problem is we all seemed to have lost sight of what was going on, we started this for the craic, but with certain people joining the guild it went in the wrong direction. Thankfully that french bellend is gone (I think he was 90% of the problem) It was good while it lasted, and it was certainly nice to meet some of you somewhat in er... game. If any of you guys still want to make the guild back up give me a shout and i'll see what i can string together, and this time keep it for fun.

Id sign up for that no problem, so would a couple of others im sure.

Same goes for all the irish lads i met that came over, even copey who neither of us got on with each other here.

huh?!!

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    huh?!!

Do you not remember our spats back in TBC when i was a complete noob on my hunter and thought i knew best?

hahaha no!!

whats ur bfbc2 name btw i forget it. im only playin panama canal 24 /7 servers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Sounds like a plan lads, wouldn't mind signing up again for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

The guild was great at the start with Uttik, Mortimor and lots of other nice lads who came from boards/friends of them. Towards the end i was almost embarrassed to be Irish with the sort of crap in guild chat (not just by one person like some are implying). Getting whispered from people asking me to see who kicked them by chekcing the guild log was not uncommon. I was always amazed when I logged in and was still in the guild despite not being a racist. There were definitely some good people in the guild but the further the guild went the less of them survived and more morons populated the higher ranks

Ah well, mistakes were made by all involved. I have to admit, i acted like a complete tool at times. No excuses for that. But moving on, I'd rather have a community run guild to be honest. Lets hope the interest is there :)

we're only human :)

learning curve tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

You can count on my Shhhhhteeeel!

I'm in lads. Will be on as my priest 'Mujumbu' as Mortimor is now a wee gnome called Jolfer. :rolleyes:

i have 4 toons still there. makin up about 25% of the guild :D hehehe

dont think ill be on today, world cup + drink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

heh, glad I didn't get involved in this ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Was actually gonna transfer for the craic. Still might if it ever gets off the ground again, though the drama is a bit worrying.

noone willing to give it a go eh?

even just a guild to get people in the same circle? I have a guild that people are more than welcome to join, but i wont be dictating anything/calling any shots/sorting raids.

/w hotrox

mostly seems to be just me and anti on atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

There's also 2 Irish guilds on Draenor, just found out tonight, well 3, but the third is just me and my alts.

One guild has around 10 Irish members, all mostly from Limerick.
    Another 6 or so in some other Irish guild on the server so I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

TiG Guys have mass resubbed to WoW and should have enought to do 10 man raids. I'm personally still a serious noob at the game, should hit my first 80 in the next few days. Then it would seem I have to really learn the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

TheFairy wrote: »
    TiG Guys have mass resubbed to WoW and should have enought to do 10 man raids. I'm personally still a serious noob at the game, should hit my first 80 in the next few days. Then it would seem I have to really learn the game.

BC2 not gone well for you guys? I noticed that i cant see your server in my fav's anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Ah it was grand but the latest patch made a mess of the game. Also the lack of maps, and the devs calling opening game modes map packs just stank tbh.

Also a few of us play MW2 and the latest patch there removed CTF as a game mode, the mode we played the most. Also we all intend playing SWTOR next year so we are getting MMO heads again.

mw2 is ****e. no dedicated servers. fookin nerd ragin here i am!!

bc2 rocks, i only play panama canal map over and over.

add me

copes.ire

TheFairy wrote: »
    Ah it was grand but the latest patch made a mess of the game. Also the lack of maps, and the devs calling opening game modes map packs just stank tbh.

Also a few of us play MW2 and the latest patch there removed CTF as a game mode, the mode we played the most. Also we all intend playing SWTOR next year so we are getting MMO heads again.

Sweet. SWTOR is what im mad for, especially after that trailer ! That game can't some soon enough to be honest. Im sat here in a icc25hm group now watching people bitch and bicker. Such fun -_-

But yeah, the guild is still going here on sunstrider, **** all going on though tbh. Just me and copes. All of ye are more then welcome if you want to come over and just chill.

• Advertisement

Sweet. SWTOR is what im mad for, especially after that trailer ! That game can't some soon enough to be honest. Im sat here in a icc25hm group now watching people bitch and bicker. Such fun -_-

But yeah, the guild is still going here on sunstrider, **** all going on though tbh. Just me and copes. All of ye are more then welcome if you want to come over and just chill.

Is it called Ad Arma mate?

Advertisement