Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys are moving!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Is it called Ad Arma mate?

Indeed it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Anybody on this server up for some arena with my rogue?

I'm pretty much untested in arena and am looking to give it a semi serious attempt, anybody interested?

Heres my rogue;

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Madjake

Id like for you to have gear on par with mine and know your class, the rest we can work on :)

Any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

I'd certainly be up for this on my priest. Currently holy/shadow. But i'd be happy to go disc and give it a bash. Gear is slightly better then yours, but not by much at all. Haven't got too much experience in 2's as disc, but im sure i can pick it up easy enough. Gives me a excuse to finially drop Herbing for engineering if nothing else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

I'd certainly be up for this on my priest. Currently holy/shadow. But i'd be happy to go disc and give it a bash. Gear is slightly better then yours, but not by much at all. Haven't got too much experience in 2's as disc, but im sure i can pick it up easy enough. Gives me a excuse to finially drop Herbing for engineering if nothing else :)

go shadow its even easier

I tried 2's as shadow. didn't fit my game play style at all. And by gameplay style i mean hit mindsear every few seconds :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

And by gameplay style i mean hit mindsear every few seconds :(

What a shock :P

Shougeki wrote: »
    What a shock :P

Here, you ! Go stand behind something and hit FOK will ya's.

Shweet, whats your priests name?

Will drop ye a pm now Nix. Gotta say though, went disc last night for the first time since Naxx and im loving it. Kiting around Dk's and rogues is a absolute blast. Even did a few heroics and found it easier to heal then when i was holy.

Your more then welcome to come join us in 3's. Dosen't take look to get full furious with wrathfull offset these days. I'm not looking to go into this aiming for 2000+, just for a bit of a giggle really.

• Advertisement

I see alot of disco priest/rogues in high ranking on arena junkies, seems to be a good combo.

Your lock still about/active on SS?

Ryan ill add ya and give you a shout later and we mix it up!

No hassle, i'll be on it most of the night grinding more honor for some rings. If im not on it i'll be on my mage... Vendinmachin. Original, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've only got a few of you on my friends list, and I wasn't sure which were alts and which were active. I'll keep an eye out for Vendinmachin this evening...

Cool beans man. Will most likely be playing my priest a hell of a lot from now on. Joined a 5v5 team last night, Shadow priest (me)/ Restro shammy/ Resto druid/ frost mage/ Ret pala. Had a absolute blast. Managed to get from 0 - 1254 in the space of 45 or so mins. Granted it was a Tuesday night, but we didnt get any teams that just let us win so they would get points. The one thing i couldn't get over was the ammount of keyboard turners, even from the few teams above 1600 that we met. I''m thinking about doing something similar to what hamster did here 18 months ago and do a kind of blog, but this time more for pvp. Would you guys be interested in reading it? And mods, would you allow it? Plan is to fraps some fights, upload some vids. Nothing serious but mainly for ****s and giggles.

2 Espressi wrote: »
    I've only got a few of you on my friends list, and I wasn't sure which were alts and which were active. I'll keep an eye out for Vendinmachin this evening...

use in game realid :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im in spain, dont gkick me!!!

Ugh i have to admit, im growing very tired of the BG's ques on this server, i mean your looking at a 7min wait at peak times which is just crap, and any other time your waiting 10-15mins :(

Anybody know if there are any plans to fix the ****ty ques on this server? Its only one battle group, why isnt it merged with another like every other battle group? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

It's because the Horde population hugely outweighs the Alliance on most Servers in that Battlegroup (I'm in the same one with being on Draenor, which is also heavily Horde populated).

On Alliance side it's almost instant queue's for Pvp, straight out of one game and into another. I guess that's why Alliance usually don't bother too much most of the time to put up a fight, nothing to them, they'll get into another game straight away rather than like Horde, have to wait bloody ages usually for your next bit of BG pvp.

I guess the introduction of the gay blood elf race to Horde was a bit more popular for Alliance than expected, it's now good to be bad.

It might all even itself out with Cata and the introduction of Worgen to Alliance but until then the only thing I think they could do would be to rebalance the battlegroup itself, shift servers around in regards populations on either side - I wouldn't hold out much hope on that though either.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    It's because the Horde population hugely outweighs the Alliance on most Servers in that Battlegroup (I'm in the same one with being on Draenor, which is also heavily Horde populated).

On Alliance side it's almost instant queue's for Pvp, straight out of one game and into another. I guess that's why Alliance usually don't bother too much most of the time to put up a fight, nothing to them, they'll get into another game straight away rather than like Horde, have to wait bloody ages usually for your next bit of BG pvp.

I guess the introduction of the gay blood elf race to Horde was a bit more popular for Alliance than expected, it's now good to be bad.

It might all even itself out with Cata and the introduction of Worgen to Alliance but until then the only thing I think they could do would be to rebalance the battlegroup itself, shift servers around in regards populations on either side - I wouldn't hold out much hope on that though either.

As most battlegroups are paired up with another, surely they could just link us up with a battlegroup thats in alliances favour?

Gawd i grow tired of how long it takes blizz to make any effort to combat BS like this =(

"we realise theres a problem but your going to pay your sub anyway and were busy making stuff to make us more money, also you more likely to pay for a character transfer if we keep holding out"

God damn you blizz and cheers for the reply Nehaxak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Whose still active on Sunstrider? It's rare that I see anyone in the guild on. I've mainly been playing my shammie - DPS with a warrior gets boring pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

myself and red_ice are grinding away on SS, see Anti on too, although i think Starcraft has nabbed him :P

Give Omegagear or sakic a /w for a guild invite or a laugh, our guild is srs bsns but were on the lookout for a casual raiding guild :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been levelling a warrior there, although its slow going. Lvl43 at the moment. Names Kiith.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

think im on hiatus till cata even then i might not go back.

have more important things in my life atm!!

Havent logged in in abut 3 weeks now. Keep meaning to to do dailies / rep farms and crap, but just not too interested atm...

Still login in every few days, I've discovered that PvP is great when you've limited time to play. I usually login, find when the next WG is due, set an alarm and login in time to get the q's.
    My gear is still atrocious, consisting mostly of crafted PVE gear, and a few low level PvP bits that I've started getting.
    As such, my WG strategy consists mostly of killing a few ally mobs in some corner of the mas, building a catapult, then taking out as many towers as possible before anyone realizes I'm there.
    Once I've been killed a few times, I usually head back to WG itself to help mop up and clock up the honor points.

Picked up the Gnomeregan pet schematics as well, so I'm going to sell a few of those. Might solo a few TBC instances, once I figure out how to get to some of them (LFD has me spoiled!)

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Picked up the Gnomeregan pet schematics as well, so I'm going to sell a few of those. Might solo a few TBC instances, once I figure out how to get to some of them (LFD has me spoiled!)

Gnomeregan Pet schematics?

You still on SS - if so id be up for doing some TBC instances for rep and achievs. Main only started the week before wotlk, and it aint that easy to solo as a rogue....

There's a couple of Engineering pets, [Lil' Smoky] and [Pet Bombling] that you get from drops in Gnomeregan, I thought I'd get them before they change it all in Cataclysm.

Daijini is the rogue alt, Shamanhattan is the main. I'll keep an eye out for you next time I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Im coming back to WoW (Got a 7 day free trail which will no doubt addict me once again) and Im looking for a casual place to play. I might swap my Paladin over to Sunstrider if Im sticking with the game.

Edit: might bring my main too - A Level 80 Warlock, Raided with her all through Ulduar, TotC and then got bored of WoW and stopped. Shame really. Missed LK but ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

was thinking of getting back into WOW for the new expansion?

would it be worth swapping over to this server? is it hight pop? regular dungeons/raids etc? im on bladefist ATM, still at lvl 70 :( so ive a lot to do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sorry for the late reply.

Not much point in going to sunstrider anymore. All of us have now completely stopped playing the game. Thanks for all the fun times in the guild though, had a blast while it lasted :)

Advertisement