Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys are moving!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Right so, OOC:
    oocs.th.jpg

In Combat:
    68704831.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Uttik

Blowfish wrote: »
    Right so, OOC:
    oocs.th.jpg

In Combat:
    68704831.th.jpg

LoL! Where is ur UI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Uttik wrote: »
    LoL! Where is ur UI?

its all hidden, once you know the keybinds you dont need them on the screen.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    its all hidden, once you know the keybinds you dont need them on the screen.

I know that, I was being smart! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Well here is mine,

I love it :D

wow2010021416184941.jpg

That is some gammy UI. And you were giving out about ropedrinks? I would choose his anytime. "clearer field of view" is a load of b*ll*x. Rope's has as clear a view.

That being said mine is cluttered as hell. As i assume that i have some form of ADD i have my cooldowns for poison, envenom, HfB, and SnD in at least three places (as i never pay much attention to anything going on around me :P)

TBH its partially cos im playing off a crap integrated graphics card and crap monitor, but i still have a clusttered UI. :P

• Advertisement

dyl10 wrote: »
    What's the population like over there?

Its good bro. Some quality players. Problem so far i see is the AH isnt all its cracked up to be, but i came from Vek'nilash where the pop was about 95% horde....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Blowfish wrote: »
    Right so, OOC:
    oocs.th.jpg

In Combat:
    68704831.th.jpg

How do you track cooldowns and buff yourself?

Shougeki wrote: »
    That is some gammy UI. And you were giving out about ropedrinks? I would choose his anytime. "clearer field of view" is a load of b*ll*x. Rope's has as clear a view.

That being said mine is cluttered as hell. As i assume that i have some form of ADD i have my cooldowns for poison, envenom, HfB, and SnD in at least three places (as i never pay much attention to anything going on around me :P)

TBH its partially cos im playing off a crap integrated graphics card and crap monitor, but i still have a clusttered UI. :P

BullSh!t.

Every bit of info i need is right in my eye line, And a clear field of view is very important.

I have changed my UI about a million times, I am always messing around and changing stuff, But thats how it is right now! or for now i should say.

BullSh!t.

Every bit of info i need is right in my eye line, And a clear field of view is very important.

I have changed my UI about a million times, I am always messing around and changing stuff, But thats how it is right now! or for now i should say.

Page 3 of this thread you stated

"Thats one UGLY UI!"

"What ever floats your boat. But it is one ugly UI, There is just to much on the screen for my liking."

To me your UI fits these comments more than ropedrinks. RD's UI is clear and clean.

But as i said earlier, each to their owm. Dont go repeatedly slagging someone elses UI when yours imho is worse.

dyl10 wrote: »
    How do you track cooldowns and buff yourself?
    Power Auras + Dotimers.

The little icons just above Grid let me know that those spells are available. As you can see in the combat shot, Desperate Prayer is on CD, so isn't showing up, but it's CD is in the top left. Stuff like PI, Bezerking, Inner Focus and trinkets are macroed onto the 'oh crap' buttons like Pain Suppression and Divine Hymn.

For buffs, I have Power Auras set up to let me know if buffs Fort etc. is missing on either myself or anyone in the party/raid. The buffs themselves are all keybound too.

Most of the other stuff is tracked by Grid, e.g. the white border around the Pally is Weakened Soul.

My raid UI is pretty much the same, the only real difference being having a focus target frame.

I should point out though that I do have the likes of DBM, Decursive and Omen, so I still get all of the important 'cue's' needed during fights.

Also, my Shadow UI is completely different too as there's a different focus, e.g. stuff like Omen will be visible, Grid less so, more priority given to dotimers etc.

• Advertisement

Shougeki wrote: »
    Page 3 of this thread you stated

"Thats one UGLY UI!"

"What ever floats your boat. But it is one ugly UI, There is just to much on the screen for my liking."

To me your UI fits these comments more than ropedrinks. RD's UI is clear and clean.

But as i said earlier, each to their owm. Dont go repeatedly slagging someone elses UI when yours imho is worse.

LoL!!

If you say so.

LoL!!

If you say so.

lol he's right, your's looks like when you first try to set up a ui and the addon's are all over the shop :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

**** me, If you think uttiks is cluttered you should see mine. Its a disaster, really need to sort it out. Anyone know of any decent packs that are minimalistic?

Anti wrote: »
    **** me, If you think uttiks is cluttered you should see mine. Its a disaster, really need to sort it out. Anyone know of any decent packs that are minimalistic?

Mine too is of the joke variety. But then again, playing a rogue is pretty much facerolling, so i can get away with it. I dont really need to see anything.

1. Is it trash?
    2. If yes, is there more than one. If yes spam FoK / ToTT. If No mutilate
    3. If not trash, do i have 4+ combo points? Yes Envenom. No Mutilate.

:P

And playing a DK/hunter aint Facerolling :D

1. is it trash, yes... VOLLEY DEM BITCHES, occasional multi shot too for "Variety"
    2. Single target, yes...click things randomly that arn't on cool down. Take loot and give out how **** the other classes are single target.

there is tons out there from mimimalist to hectic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

so bartender4 with xpearl isnt acceptable eh? :pac:

red_ice wrote: »
    so bartender4 with xpearl isnt acceptable eh? :pac:

I love both of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Lads is boardsie boys an 80 only guild?

MY EYES ZE GOGGLE DEY ZO NOFFING!

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I'm not in the least bit interested in a debate over UI's but I do have to say I think you're fishing for excuses if you claim I don't have line of vision. Spartan is sat at the extreme bottom much like default UI is with exception to moving all player/focus/pet/party frames to the bottom as well. Anything above it (of which only show in combat, such as SCT/Omen [PvE]/DoT timers etc) are placed besides the character and can be moved wherever.

I made my own UI initially using Pitbull unitframes and XPerl, I was very happy with it but when I look back I realised what a complete mess it was.

Also, please bare in mind I play on 1280x960 resolution - Back then I used to play on 1024x768 while everyone was/is up in the 1600's at this rate.

If my resolution could be put higher there is even more space but considering it's pretty small res, there is still tonnes of space - I could make more if I wished, but I prefer it the way it is.

Again, not looking to debate things but I feel the same way you do about my UI regarding your own - I couldn't play with that, but thats just it, individual preferences. Would be very easy for me to say yours is 'ugly' but that's not a fair statement to make, just like you can't call this ugly:

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/RopeDrink/WoW/?action=view&current=MhulPvP.jpg

As said, earlier, What every floats your boat, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm thinking of rerolling a character on the Sunstride realm, would you let a level 1 character join ?? I've got a lvl. 61 Warrior and lvl. 72 Death Knight on Dragonblight.

Yeah thats no problem at all :)

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I'm thinking of rerolling a character on the Sunstride realm, would you let a level 1 character join ?? I've got a lvl. 61 Warrior and lvl. 72 Death Knight on Dragonblight.
    Doesn't matter what level you are, there are a good few people who rerolled from level 1 and are still levelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Thats brilliant guys, thanks !! Who do I contact once I get online ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Uttik, Mortimer, and Kiith can invite, as well as a few others i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Thinking of starting up WoW again, living in America until May, so i might just reroll on Sunstrider and level up.

Unsure what charector to level, have many expierances with druids/rogues/death knights/priest/warrior/paladin/mage

do you need any roll, ie tank healer melee dps or caster? im farely easy on what charectors to go, and can learn a new charector while leveling.

Columc wrote: »
    Thinking of starting up WoW again, living in America until May, so i might just reroll on Sunstrider and level up.

Unsure what charector to level, have many expierances with druids/rogues/death knights/priest/warrior/paladin/mage

do you need any roll, ie tank healer melee dps or caster? im farely easy on what charectors to go, and can learn a new charector while leveling.

DPS or Healer will be fine.

tanks are covered

And heres my UI. Yes i know, its manky....

c0211.jpg

• Advertisement

CLICKER!

Advertisement