Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin N1 Vision modem/router

• 07-02-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

I've just bought an N1 vision modem/router and everything is working fine except xbox live. When I try get the xbox on live it says it cant obtain an ip address. Has anyone else had this problem with this modem and anyone any idea how to fix it. I had a 2247 netopia modem before and worked perfect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i have this exact router and no problems on xbox live, in fact im watching a movie on sky player as we speak. have you tried the "network settings, configure network" on the xbox? mine is an xbox 360...

the IP settings and DNS settings should be set to automatic.
    can you set your xbox as a media center extender?
    have you tried a different network cable in the different network ports on your router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

xsiborg wrote: »
    i have this exact router and no problems on xbox live, in fact im watching a movie on sky player as we speak. have you tried the "network settings, configure network" on the xbox? mine is an xbox 360...

the IP settings and DNS settings should be set to automatic.
    can you set your xbox as a media center extender?
    have you tried a different network cable in the different network ports on your router?
    The cable works with my other modem but have tried others, have tried with my wireless adaptor and tried putting it through a switch before getting to the router. No it cant be set up as it wont give the xbox an ip address. I've tried manually entering the setting and using dhcp. I've also tried with and without upnp and tried with ppoa to see would that help. There doesnt seem to be a setting for ipsec passthrough but says its able to use it. As far as i'm aware xbox uses something similar to this for live. Maybe theres a problem with that. What version of the firmware are you using? Would you be able to check for me and it its any less or more than the one that ends in .09 could you make a backup of it so I could try it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

until your xbox is getting an ip address, you can forget anything else....if you have dhcp enabled, and your sure both the xbox wireless is working / or the cable is working then if you set your xbox IP and DNS settings to both be "automatic" - save, and reboot it should get an address. UPNP / pppoa/ Ipsec have nothing to do with getting an IP assigned so will not help you.

If the above does not work, go into the network settings in the xbox - hit restore default settings. Turn off the belkin and turn back on. Now power-back on the xbox360

Once you have an IP, you can then make sure UPNP is enabled on your router - this should then automatically allow through the correct ports needed.

deceit wrote: »
    The cable works with my other modem but have tried others, have tried with my wireless adaptor and tried putting it through a switch before getting to the router. No it cant be set up as it wont give the xbox an ip address. I've tried manually entering the setting and using dhcp. I've also tried with and without upnp and tried with ppoa to see would that help. There doesnt seem to be a setting for ipsec passthrough but says its able to use it. As far as i'm aware xbox uses something similar to this for live. Maybe theres a problem with that. What version of the firmware are you using? Would you be able to check for me and it its any less or more than the one that ends in .09 could you make a backup of it so I could try it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Thanks anoble was completely forgot there was a restore to factory defaults for networking. As soon as I pressed that it worked first time :). After all that time wasted feel like an idiot now :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

no worries - I only know that works because I had the same problems with mine :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement