Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilmacthomas 5m Sun 21st Feb

• 07-02-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there looking for a 5m PB,look no further than Kilmac.
    IMO,the fastest 5m in these parts.

So put it in the diary,book the babysitters or bring the children with ya !

and you will get the worlds finest coffee cake afterwards :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Sosa wrote: »

Its very tempting Sosa, if for the coffee cake alone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Agree 100 per cent. Top 10 sosa ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Agree 100 per cent. Top 10 sosa ??

I have never got a top 10 before...I was 11th twice at low key races in the city.
    It would be nice but i reckon that you would need a sub 28:30 to get top 10 in Kilmac,but then again that depends on who races on the day,some of the speedsters might give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Does this race start and finish in Kilmac's main street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

colblimp wrote: »
    Does this race start and finish in Kilmac's main street?

pretty much, it starts about half a mile back up the hill before the main street and finishes at the bottom of the hill in the main street - seems to defy the laws of physics in that it's more downhill than uphill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

I have never got a top 10 before...I was 11th twice at low key races in the city.
    It would be nice but i reckon that you would need a sub 28:30 to get top 10 in Kilmac,but then again that depends on who races on the day,some of the speedsters might give it a miss.

Reckon if fresh you can run that once your dont do a 5.20 first miles which could easy happen. Def think you are very near that.

showry wrote: »
    pretty much, it starts about half a mile back up the hill before the main street and finishes at the bottom of the hill in the main street - seems to defy the laws of physics in that it's more downhill than uphill

Excellent - I might just take a trip to do this race. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

forecast looks ok-ish for this.

wet tomorrow, -2C overnite sat, should be hovering around 1C mark at 11am, but should be dry

Hmmm, I won't be doing this race after all, I can't shake this damn injury I have. :( Oh well, maybe next year. :D

Advertisement