Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Any ideas for late 20s looking for junior hurling in South Dublin (Sandyford/Stepaside area)?
    Still in pretty good condition fitness wise but haven't played any kind of competitive match since juvenile :o
    Realt Dearg are based in terenure but are training in stepaside this time if year. We'd love to have you down. We have three teams now so any level of ability will be catered for and you will get games.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Realt Dearg are based in terenure but are training in stepaside this time if year. We'd love to have you down. We have three teams now so any level of ability will be catered for and you will get games.

Cool! What days/times you train? What's needed?

Cool! What days/times you train? What's needed?

We train Mondays at nine at the all weather pitch in stepaside (sadly we couldn't get a better time). Pretty soon we'll be moving on to Bushy Park in terenure (once the hour changes) and it'll be earlier, on Mondays and Thursdays. You'll need a hurl and helmet, the all weather will take moulded studs or runners. Be great to see you, and anyone you know with an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Any football teams looking for players around Galway City? I'm 23 but haven't played since juvenile. Looking to get back playing as my evenings are free again due to finishing college.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Any football teams looking for players around Galway City? I'm 23 but haven't played since juvenile. Looking to get back playing as my evenings are free again due to finishing college.

Actually I was wondering this too, just started in college in Galway this year and would love to take the football back up, haven't played since juvenile either but I am bit older (25). Even just to go training with a team, would love to get involved again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 elliot895

Looking to join a team in Dublin City City Centre/Dublin 4 area, who would be my best option? Ideally it would be for Junior football, I am 24 and havent played in about 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

elliot895 wrote: »
    Looking to join a team in Dublin City City Centre/Dublin 4 area, who would be my best option? Ideally it would be for Junior football, I am 24 and havent played in about 3 years

Probably Clanna Gael Fontenoy. They're based in Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 elliot895

hardybuck wrote: »
    Probably Clanna Gael Fontenoy. They're based in Ringsend.

I noticed them, but thought they were an intermediate side. Do they have Junior teams as well?

elliot895 wrote: »
    I noticed them, but thought they were an intermediate side. Do they have Junior teams as well?

Yeah they do, but on reflection I think they play in the bottom division in Dublin - and that's really social football if thats what you're looking for.

A more competitive side in that area might be Ranelagh Gaels, who play in Division 8 - still not great but you'd probably get a game they have a good social side I understand.

Cuala are moving into Stradbrook in a couple of years. Kilmacud, Naomh Olaf and a few other junior teams are a short spin south.

Feel free to PM me with your details - e.g. if you have a car etc. and I should be able to give you some more tailored options.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

Raheny Junior B looking for players as always. We play in AHL 9. eeveryone welcome.

email me mikeobriendublin@yahoo.ie or text 087 1420228

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Moved to Dublin recently.

I still play for my club down the country but looking for a hurling team to train with in the Harolds Cross area.

Will be looking to transfer up permanently next year.

Any ideas appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Actually I was wondering this too, just started in college in Galway this year and would love to take the football back up, haven't played since juvenile either but I am bit older (25). Even just to go training with a team, would love to get involved again.

Same as!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macaroons

Hey I'm 15 year old girl I want to join Gaelic football? Any teams willing to add me I haven't really played before and from north dublin around clarehall thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macaroons

Hey I'm 15 year old girl I want to join Gaelic football? Any teams willing to add me I haven't really played before and from north dublin around clarehall thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

djPSB wrote: »
    Moved to Dublin recently.

I still play for my club down the country but looking for a hurling team to train with in the Harolds Cross area.

Will be looking to transfer up permanently next year.

Any ideas appreciated.

Well lad,

Realt Dearg are in your area. Training is in Busy Park in terenure and would be a reasonably short hop. We will be out there on Thursday at 7.15 this week. Several of the lads live down that direction so you can car pool if you want.

www.realtdearg.ie for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Hi I am looking some advice.

I will be moving to dublin within next couple of weeks and I am looking to get an appropriate Football club in the stillorgan area. I know kilmacud are there however I want to be sure I go to someone that is right for my level.

I played senior club football then intermediate club football for my club in Tyrone for the last 10 years. I was never close to county standard but I would have been okay on the club scene. I would like to continue playing football down here.

Anyone any helpful advice.

Thanks

I will be moving to dublin within next couple of weeks and I am looking to get an appropriate Football club in the stillorgan area. I know kilmacud are there however I want to be sure I go to someone that is right for my level.

I played senior club football then intermediate club football for my club in Tyrone for the last 10 years. I was never close to county standard but I would have been okay on the club scene. I would like to continue playing football down here.

Thanks

Kilmacud have teams at nearly any level I'd imagine. They are a huge club, but that doesn't appeal to everyone, but finding a team at your level shouldn't be a problem there

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

I run cabinteely mens gaa, just up the road - we're always looking for players and low standard :) kilmacud have plenty of players already, we're always looking for lads ;) I'll pm you my mobile if you want to bell me.

Thanks

BoboDub wrote: »
    I run cabinteely mens gaa, just up the road - we're always looking for players and low standard :) kilmacud have plenty of players already, we're always looking for lads ;) I'll pm you my mobile if you want to bell me.

Christ Bobo, fair jump from intermediate football to Div.10 South in fairness!

Christ Bobo, fair jump from intermediate football to Div.10 South in fairness!

In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king!!! :) in my experience ex intermediate plauers from other counties can't be as dedicayed to training when they come to dublin - this usually means junior football and a drop in fitness

• Advertisement

In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king!!! :) in my experience ex intermediate plauers from other counties can't be as dedicayed to training when they come to dublin - this usually means junior football and a drop in fitness

Yeah would agree on you in terms of dedication, and often they're on the way out anyway, but there are junior teams playing in Div. 4 of the league.

Yeah would agree on you in terms of dedication, and often they're on the way out anyway, but there are junior teams playing in Div. 4 of the league.

True but its midseason and it would be hard to break into a starting xv of a div 4 team at this stage. Whereas he'd walk into our team and possibly enjoy the football more. I guess its a matter of choice.

True but its midseason and it would be hard to break into a starting xv of a div 4 team at this stage. Whereas he'd walk into our team and possibly enjoy the football more. I guess its a matter of choice.

Btw We've had a few ex-inter county lads playing for us over the years and often, particularly those from the 2nd tier counties, the feedback is low junior football in dublin is as tough as intermediate or high junior at home.

Btw We've had a few ex-inter county lads playing for us over the years and often, particularly those from the 2nd tier counties, the feedback is low junior football in dublin is as tough as intermediate or high junior at home.

As an ex-intercounty footballer from probably lower than 2nd tier county, I would say that senior club in Dublin, at least for the larger clubs, requires far higher fitness and dedication. You're looking at high profile managers coming in from outside, training/playing 4-5 times a week, video analysis etc. Not far off county standard in some clubs. There are also some really poor senior teams in Dublin though, as in many counties.

The standard of the better intermediate sides is probably also a little bit higher in Dublin, but the overall standard of football is about the same. Probably a bit more physical in Dub.

Junior I wouldn't be as sure about as I never really played at that level. I've seen some Div.5 games, which aren't bad.

One thing which would challenge a lad coming in from the country is the large amount of games, particuarly if you've been out of the game for a while. The longest you'll go without a game is 2 weeks, and with tough training normally twice a week you've nowhere to hide if you're carrying a couple of knocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could get me a contact with crokes for training purposes?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SerrahP

Hi all,

I am moving to Dublin next week and I was wondering if there is any gaelic football/camogie team (Junior) in the Ballymun/Santry area. I haven't played in years but I think it would be a good way to meet people.

Any advice is appreciated :)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thirdtime

Hi BoboDub I just saw your post about the Cabinteely Mens team. Is it the St.Francis Gaels club in Cabinteely you run? I'm based in Sandyford and would love to get into playing. Are ye accepting new players, when do you guys train? What is the training like? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

For those looking to play junior in south Dublin we, Foxrock Geraldine P. Moran's GAA club play & train next door to Dunnes Stores in Cornelscourt, not far from Stillorgan etc. We have a tidy little team that got promoted last year and are always on the lookout for extra players to bolster our small squad. If of interest to you just PM me or ask away here.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Looking to join a football club in Galway City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Horse4horse

Hey Lads,

Just moved upto Dublin, living out in the sandyford area. I play football at home so just looking for a team to train with for the summer? I drive so I travel aswell. Just sick of training on my own!!!

Advertisement