Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 KK4life

djPSB wrote: »
    Moved to Dublin recently.

I still play for my club down the country but looking for a hurling team to train with in the Harolds Cross area.

Will be looking to transfer up permanently next year.

Any ideas appreciated.

Civil service Hurling Club are continuously recruiting players. We are based in Islandbridge, to the back of Heuston Station. Great bunch of lads to hurl with.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

Hey Lads,

Just moved upto Dublin, living out in the sandyford area. I play football at home so just looking for a team to train with for the summer? I drive so I travel aswell. Just sick of training on my own!!!

Howya Horse

You are more than welcome to train with us in Cornelscourt, I'll send you a PM with details etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hello,
    I'm just wondering. Is it possible to be part of a club but train with another at the same time?. I have to be in Dublin once a week over the next few weeks and I will miss training with my club during that day. Is it possible to train once a week with a Dublin club? Even if I don't play any games with them? I play hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

deadybai wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm just wondering. Is it possible to be part of a club but train with another at the same time?. I have to be in Dublin once a week over the next few weeks and I will miss training with my club during that day. Is it possible to train once a week with a Dublin club? Even if I don't play any games with them?

Yeah we have a few lads training with us and hurling down home. Some clubs would be happy to have lads join in a session once you're at the right level. Boosts the numbers which gives a better session for the other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

deadybai wrote: »
    Anyone?

You're more than welcome to train with us if you like. PM me if you want to know details.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jalock20

Moving up to Dublin for work commitments next week, looking for a football club in/around the Clontarf area to train with/possibly transfer to? Not sure yet about the transfer but it may have to happen. Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sweat38

Looking to join a hurling club in the U.S. Particularly in Boston Massachusetts? I know their are a bunch, but i have no contact info or connections? Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wanderers ballyboden

Hi All

Ballyboden Wanderers GAA are running a Men's 7 aside on Saturday 13/9/2014. We are looking for players to play in this who are looking to get back into football or are looking to play in Dublin. This will be a great chance for you to come up and see what we can offer and also if you would like to take up the 15 a side game with us. You can PM me and I will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sligo_2014

Hi all,

Going into 2nd year in UCD in a few weeks, and would like to get involved with a club in the area so I can train once or twice a week to help me stay in shape for matches with my club down the country on weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

I played with Realt Dearg in Terenure while I was in UCD. If you have a bike it's a handy cycle and will keep you fit as two fiddles. A fantastic bunch of lads and always eager to have lads training with them as it always benefits everyone to have new faces

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Sligo_2014 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Going into 2nd year in UCD in a few weeks, and would like to get involved with a club in the area so I can train once or twice a week to help me stay in shape for matches with my club down the country on weekends.

I'm presuming football?

Depending where you're living, loads of options. Along with the lads in Terenure, you've also got Kilmacud Crokes, Naomh Olaf in Sandyford, possibly Clanna Gael in Ringsend as well. Have you ever trained with the UCD teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

hardybuck wrote: »
    I'm presuming football?

Depending where you're living, loads of options. Along with the lads in Terenure, you've also got Kilmacud Crokes, Naomh Olaf in Sandyford, possibly Clanna Gael in Ringsend as well. Have you ever trained with the UCD teams?

Should clarify: Realt Dearg are hurling only. If it's football, there's also Ranelagh Gaels very near to campus (in fact they used to train in UCD sometimes, I dunno if they still do).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭willabur

Hey All,

Recently moved to Chapelizod. Looking to get involved with any club in the area, the park would suit nicely.
    Fitness levels wouldn't be the best but I can play a bit. I know its late in the year but if you need someone to fill out training numbers of if you are short a corner forward for some of your games let me know with a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

Sending you a pm now
    willabur wrote: »
    Hey All,

Recently moved to Chapelizod. Looking to get involved with any club in the area, the park would suit nicely.
    Fitness levels wouldn't be the best but I can play a bit. I know its late in the year but if you need someone to fill out training numbers of if you are short a corner forward for some of your games let me know with a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Double G Brew

Hi All,

Living in Beaumont area, looking to get back involved in Gaelic Football.
    Fitness is not great but looking to improve.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Hi All,

Living in Beaumont area, looking to get back involved in Gaelic Football.
    Fitness is not great but looking to improve.

Thanks

Whitehall Colmcille are probably the nearest to you and they have a Junior 10 side to kick you back off,

http://www.whitehallcolmcille.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scarftoon

Hi all,

Moved into the Drumcondra area and was looking to get back into camogie again. Is it too late in the season to join and what clubs are based in this area with a camogie team?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 peacebyinches

Hi All,

Living in Artane area, looking for a local Gaelic Football club?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is in the right place but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I've never played GAA but am starting to get an interest in it now in my early 20s. Is there any such a thing as an adult beginners club or similar?

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is in the right place but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I've never played GAA but am starting to get an interest in it now in my early 20s. Is there any such a thing as an adult beginners club or similar?
    Most clubs will be happy to have you, junior teams always need bodies. Where are you based?

Thanks for replying. I'll be in Dublin in the next few weeks, still looking for accommodation. I'm a complete beginner though I've never played any sport.

Thanks for replying. I'll be in Dublin in the next few weeks, still looking for accommodation. I'm a complete beginner though I've never played any sport.

Whereabouts in Dublin are you intending to live, roughly, and what sport, hurling or football?

Most likely around North Side - Drumcondra kinda area. Probably football but willing to give both a go.

Most likely around North Side - Drumcondra kinda area. Probably football but willing to give both a go.

Not sure so, wouldn't know the area, but probably St Joseph's ocb or Vincent's would be your best bet I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bailefionn

Hi All

I'm living in Fairview, Dublin and looking to pick up Gaelic Football again. I'm 26 but haven't played in ten years and a bit out of shape! Am I too late for this year and if not any ideas where I could join?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 red_barn

Hi All

I play with a dual GAA club in Wicklow but am living in Rathmines for work. I was looking to join a team / club for winter Football or hurling training to keep in shape during the off season.

Does anyone know of any clubs that I would be able to do this with?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

red_barn wrote: »
    Hi All

I play with a dual GAA club in Wicklow but am living in Rathmines for work. I was looking to join a team / club for winter Football or hurling training to keep in shape during the off season.

Does anyone know of any clubs that I would be able to do this with?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

The closest football club to you is Portobello but I have no idea what training they do during the winter. Ranelagh Gaels is also a possibility, again no idea when they start back training after the season ends (most clubs are still playing at the moment though, and numbers tend to dwindle this time of year so I'm sure they'd love to have you. For hurling, of course I would recommend Realt Dearg. As things stand we'll be playing into October or November depending on how a couple of league results go for us in the next couple of weeks, and probably restarting winter training in January/February but there's no decision on that yet. You can contact us using any of the email addresses for committee members on realtdearg.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17 red_barn

The closest football club to you is Portobello but I have no idea what training they do during the winter. Ranelagh Gaels is also a possibility, again no idea when they start back training after the season ends (most clubs are still playing at the moment though, and numbers tend to dwindle this time of year so I'm sure they'd love to have you. For hurling, of course I would recommend Realt Dearg. As things stand we'll be playing into October or November depending on how a couple of league results go for us in the next couple of weeks, and probably restarting winter training in January/February but there's no decision on that yet. You can contact us using any of the email addresses for committee members on realtdearg.ie

Thanks very much, I will look into the Realt Dearg training.
    Much appreciated and thanks for the quick reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Hi,

I have been living in Dublin for over a year (currently living and working in city center near camden street). I'm 24 and having not lifted a hurley in about 4 years, the final last Sunday has reinvigorated my interest and I am interested in getting back playing next year. Played as a child right up to under 21 but then emigrating abroad for a while for work stopped me playing.

I would appreciate if anyone could recommend a decent club that may play Junior hurling and would be commutable by public transport from the city center. Any sort of standard would do as its more about me getting back playing next year. Even though the new season is obviously a good way, I would like to scout out some potential clubs now and start getting fit myself over the winter months.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
    Bluezar

Advertisement