Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your least favourite flavours?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Just been reading the thread, it is just so amazing that the same foods/flavours are there again and again, and they are the ones I do not like either!

Coriander
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Uncooked peppers,
    Aniseed

Why do so many have a total distaste for these, and yet onions and garlic are so strongly flavoured? And yummy BTW.

Weird.

An aversion to cucumber or coriander, for example can be genetic. Some people taste them differently, there's some interesting articles online on it. Coriander tastes like soap to me and if it's in a dish raw I can't eat it at all.

I started a thread in AH on it a while ago and loads of people said the same thing about coriander.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

The first time I had coriander (25 years ago) it tasted like soap to me too. However, I persevered and it is one of my most favourite herbs to use.

I don't like liquorice and I hate raisins/sultanas in baked goods. I do use raisins in savoury dishes though and I can eat them straight from the packet. Just not in scones, bread, cakes or any dessert type dishes. Shudders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The first time I had coriander (25 years ago) it tasted like soap to me too. However, I persevered and it is one of my most favourite herbs to use.

I don't like liquorice and I hate raisins/sultanas in baked goods. I do use raisins in savoury dishes though and I can eat them straight from the packet. Just not in scones, bread, cakes or any dessert type dishes. Shudders.

My little birdies out the back love me in the snow. I put out the cheapest raisins and sultanas (yuck for me, but always lurk in the back of the press!), plus grated value cheese. You wanna see those birds!

Off topic. Sorry. I don't like dried fruit either....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I hate, hate, hate peppers. Not only do they taste foul they contaminate the whole dish so picking them out makes no difference.
    I hate the texture of onions and avocado.
    I can't eat any food that's spicier than Monster Munch.
    I used to hate cucumber, but my taste buds changed and now I just find it pointless.

Advertisement