Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand washed away

Options
  • 07-02-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi

I recently got someone to powerwash my driveway. Its small red-bricks (cobblelock i think) - but it seems that the sand in between the bricks has been washed away - most of them are ok but there are some big gaps and some of the bricks are a bit loose.

I reckon I need to brush in more sand - my question is, do I need any particular type of sand? Should I use a sand/cement mixture? I saw B&Q had bags of "building sand" and "sharp sand" - wasn't sure of the difference!

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Same problem here

He thompson watersealed the drive

was to come back with sand the following day.

i used fine builders sand, Do it before winter as water pools and freezes slowly pushing the bricks apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Silica sand is the best and only sand for this. Its a bit more expensive but you'll only need a few bags.

It's super fine sand and very dry so it falls into the gaps much easier.

You need to do it on a very dry day.

You'll get in any decent builders providers.

P.S The guy washing it really should of done this...

Advertisement