Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding a potting shed

Options
  • 07-02-2010 9:34pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The one in question in the photos is 2k to buy which is beyond my budget sadly. :(

I have a pretty small garden and wanted to get a shed but also wanted to have some place to grow plants like a glasshouse so I figure a potting shed is the most suitable compromise for what I want.

Anyone know where I might be able to source one?
    The one below is
    12.25 feet x 7.91 feet

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This seems to be the best I can find so far at a very reasonable price and they'll ship to Ireland for very little

http://www.waltons.co.uk/waltons-potting-shed-8x6

1032-633880176229578750_cm-scale_w-800_h-710_q-80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

Have you tried B&Q. Not sure if they have anything the same design as that but they may have a reasonable compromise.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

namurt wrote: »
    Have you tried B&Q. Not sure if they have anything the same design as that but they may have a reasonable compromise.

I checked out diy.com (B&Q's website) nothing suitable or within budget sadly, they did have one for £1600 but its likely ALOT more expensive in Ireland and its too big

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

the B&Q sheds are muck unless your spending big money.

I like the one you've linked to Cabaal, but would you no think of building it yourself? Its not as hard as it looks, and you can proper customise it to suit your need

I like the one you've linked to Cabaal, but would you no think of building it yourself? Its not as hard as it looks, and you can proper customise it to suit your need

I'll grow plants, I'll floor my attic and I'll do electrical stuff but I don't think I could pull of making a shed :)

I do have a brother in law who could though so I might have a chat to him and see what he'd do for a few hundred euro's :)

I liked the one in my first post as the glass came down lower then the waltons one but for the price I can't complain about the waltons one tbh

I found this crowd in Dublin who do a potting shed for 800e odd
    more expensive but the glass comes down much much lower which would give more light
    http://www.timbertrove.com/index.php?ECProduct=386&ec=187

Here's the 6x6 model
    potting-shed-500.jpg

Doesn't look great and I like the idea of the half n half barn door on the other shed

• Advertisement

lucylu wrote: »

Thanks,
    Actually looks pretty good but tad expensive at £900 or 1030e and thats if Homebase Ireland don't add on crazy amounts onto that :(

If they shipped to Ireland I may consider it but it gives me ideas if I was going to get one built so its actually pretty helpful.

1681992MMHBOX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Cabaals self build potting shed could the first ever boards.ie gardening forum group project.........

just sayin like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

This crowd seem to be the cheapest

http://www.gardenshedsdirect.ie/potting_shed.htm

lucylu wrote: »
    This crowd seem to be the cheapest

http://www.gardenshedsdirect.ie/potting_shed.htm

Thanks for finding that, very good price alright.
    Only in Wicklow so hopefully they might have some sort of showroom

pic_potting_shed_med.jpg

I'd be looking at either 8x6 or 8x8 I'd say and both we well priced

• Advertisement
Advertisement