Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take you to get to sleep?

Options
  • 07-02-2010 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

On a good night it takes me minimum an hour, a bad night would be anything up to four or five hours. probably have a mild form of insomnia tbh. i just have an active brain, am constantly thinking of things.

the brother is the complete opposite, he'd be conked in about 2 minutes.

wat about the rest of ye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

10 mins on a good night, on a bad about 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Usually go to bed bout an hour before i go to sleep.
    It depends though-when im not doing much during the day it takes me at least 3hours to fall asleep..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Used to find it hard to get to sleep. Then i discovered fapping :pac:!

*Never wonder why women have higher insomnia rates than men, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

When youre thinking about how long it takes you to sleep: you will never get to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Takes me ages to go off. As soon as I hit the pillow I'd get a million thoughts. Then I'd be like 'Oh maybe I'll switch the laptop on or what's on TV?'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Can take hours if im not drinking. If im sober ill go to bed around 1-2 then watch telly for about an hour and try to go asleep. Once or twice a week Ill stick be awake at 9 in the morning trying to sleep.
    If Im drunk then it only takes about 20-30 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,212 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

depends on how big the moon is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

depends really?

stressful day and you've gone through alot you might not even sleep same if you've a big important day ahead!

or if its just an average day or you've done some sport or had a few too many pints il be out within 5 minutes tops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Usually takes me about 3 seczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

from when i turn off the light ( usually after reading or boardsing for a while ;) ) usually about 5mins . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

If I'm drunk I can be asleep within a minute of getting into bed. Normal night, I'd say about 20 minutes. The odd time it can take about 5 hours though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'm the same. At least an hour. Usually more. Just cant switch off :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    I'm the same. At least an hour. Usually more. Just cant switch off :mad:

Ditto

Plus i have new internet enabled mobile - hence numerous late night postings on boards

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Way too long, usually in bed at least 2 hours before I sleep. Helps if I have something good to read. Helpful when you're cramming the night before a test though!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

DCJR wrote: »
    On a good night it takes me minimum an hour, a bad night would be anything up to four or five hours. probably have a mild form of insomnia tbh. i just have an active brain, am constantly thinking of things.

the brother is the complete opposite, he'd be conked in about 2 minutes.

wat about the rest of ye?
    Same as yourself. My mind just keeps on thinking about stuff and keeping me awake. I'm so jealous of people who can get to sleep easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

about ten mins usually, thankfully

theres been a few times when ive been unable to sleep due to stressful stuff going on in my life, and it was horribly disabling

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

brummytom wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who can get to sleep easily
    I can't understand it frankly. My girlfriend can pretty much decide to go to sleep and off she goes. Me "deciding", if I'm not really tired, involves lying there for an hour or so :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

if I've not had a drink, takes me ages.....to the point where I get so cross at not falling asleep I inevitably get up again, making it worse.
    If I've had a drink - about 15-20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I can't understand it frankly. My girlfriend can pretty much decide to go to sleep and off she goes. Me "deciding", if I'm not really tired, involves lying there for an hour or so :(

i'm like that too. as long as i'm warm, i can sleep anywhere. it doesnt have to be dark, or quiet, or even comfortable, i just have to be warm.

*awaits onset of hate-filled posts from insomniacs*

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jimmyhologram

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickmcgee

30 seconds,, drunk or sober

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Takes about 20 mins, the key is to wind down before sleeping, watch a little tv, listen to your i pod then nod off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'm so jealous of people who can get to sleep easily

Ya me too. My gf can sleep straight away. Sometimes I accidently wake her up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Atleast 3 hours, always has, ever since I was about 7.

Biggest mistake you can ever make is put a telly in your kids bedroom, mine did and I never learned to put my self asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ya me too. My gf can sleep straight away. Sometimes I accidently wake her up. :D

Mine too, for some reason its seems that people who fall asleep easily tend to be easy to wake as well, except they usually wake up shocked.

It probably doesnt help that some of my sleep farts have more of an echo than a "Khan" shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

it used to take me ages to go asleep cause my head wouldnt switch off but now if i make a list of things i need to do etc before i go to bed i go asleep within 20mins! it definately works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

It takes me aaages to get asleep. Only it seems to have gotten worse lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

People should appreciate and not take for granted being able to go sleep quickly?

Some nights it takes me hours...it's the most frustrating fking thing ever. The more you get annoyed with it, the longer you're awake. Stress has a lot to do with it though and I'm a continuously stressed person.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I have to try time it so that I get to bed and to sleep in between night-feeds, but I usually miss the window watching TV so it takes about half an hour, four to five times a night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

On purpose?:p

Im not a good sleeper it take me at least 2 hours to nod of if not at all Ive tried everything as to removing stimulants TV laptop radio form room to nature sounds on cd herbal teas the lot for years nothing worked

Ive giving up trying I still get sleep Im still functioning and not obsessing about sleep anymore

Advertisement