Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take you to get to sleep?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

half hour tops....and thats only because i watch a small bit of a film whenever i cant sleep....so film for 30 mins and id conk out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Takes all night sometimes. Don't fall asleep till somewhere between 5am-8am usually. On days where I have to be up early in the morning I just count down the mins until I have to be up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

if i'm tired i'm asleep before head hits the pillow, i have been known to pass out mid sentence when i'm drunk. i will also sleep anywhere, no matter how awkward it is.

in saying that though the odd time it could take me hours to sleep, no matter how much "fapping" i do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Ages, about two or three hours.

Does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i have been known to pass out mid sentence when i'm drunk.

to my shame, i have (more than once) fallen asleep mid-sex while drunk :o

i'm a classy bird :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sorry guys but unless I just had a power nap on the couch because of Greys Anatomy, it would rarely ever take me more than 5 minutes. Usually sleep right through all sorts without waking. Drives my wife nuts as she thinks I ignore the whimpers if our child wakes up at night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

sam34 wrote: »
    to my shame, i have (more than once) fallen asleep mid-sex while drunk :o

i'm a classy bird :D

i've woken up and been in the throws of it before.... always near the end:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Seems to me like there are a lot of smokers on this thread with a lot of people saying it takes them nearly and hour or 2 to get to sleep. I mean are you sleeping on jagged rocks or something?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Seems to me like there are a lot of smokers on this thread with a lot of people saying it takes them nearly and hour or 2 to get to sleep. I mean are you sleeping on jagged rocks or something?
    I don't smoke for one, just a case of not being tired, then I'm always knackered when I wake up

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Riddle101 wrote: »

What has smoking got to do with not sleeping? :confused:

Im a smoker but don't smoke in bedroom and I have a real nice memory foam mattress topper and not jagged rocks to sleep on :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

If MrThirdTesticle and MrsThirdTesticle are making love before sleep time it doesn't take long. Otherwise can take 30-90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

If Hailey Mealy Maiden and MrsThirdTesticle are making love before sleep time it doesn't take long. Otherwise can take 30-90 minutes.

Is that the answer to a maths problem :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I have no problem zonking out at night. I never have a nap during the day and I usually stay up after midnight. It rarely takes me more than half an hour to nod off.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MissIT

I think I have a bit of a sleep disorder or something. Sometimes I fall asleep even if im trying to stay awake other nights I don't sleep at all!!

If im trying to get to sleep I always decorate a house in my head:o it does the trick sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

anything from 2 minutes to 2 hours, nothing in particular affects it, just seems to be random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭lalalalinda

It usually takes me at least 2 hours to get to sleep. On bad nights in can take much much more :( Thing is, once I get to sleep I'm out for the night. I could sleep for days. The only hard bit is trying to get to sleep...so don't know if that counts as insomnia!

Coming in drunk from a night out is great though. I'm out as soon as I hit the pillow :D

It's gonna take alot longer than normal now cause I'm reading this thread before I try sleep..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I read for about 2 hours before I turn out the light...could take me a half an hour before I'd go to sleep then.

If I went to bed and tried to fall asleep without reading, I could be awake for 5 - 6 hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

I have always been good at getting to sleep very quickly.

My wife tells me that once, when I was a bit tired, I literally lay down and as soon as I was in position horizontally, I was asleep, so I guess thats zero seconds!

And btw I dont have narcolepsy!

Advertisement