Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Wex town to waterford for school..

Options
  • 07-02-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Looking at secondary school options for my kids (years away yet) and thinking about the possibility of sending them to Newtown in Waterford. Anyone know of anybody doing a similiar trip? How are they getting on? How long spent travelling? Is it worth it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds like utter madness for commuting, unless its boarding. One train in the morning, change at Rosslare Strand. The only train back in the evening means making your own way back from Rosslare Strand.

Choice of buses, but only one that is useful, but the timing is tight. http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1258122708-40.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Bazbu wrote: »
    Looking at secondary school options for my kids (years away yet) and thinking about the possibility of sending them to Newtown in Waterford. Anyone know of anybody doing a similiar trip? How are they getting on? How long spent travelling? Is it worth it?

Thanks[/QUOTE

I am also considering Newtown but boarding only and years away yet - don't make any plans which involve train travel as the railway from Rosslare/Waterford will be closed in the not too distant future. :)

5 day boarding?

I did hear that a lot of people from the Bridgetown / Rosslare corridor area were sending their kids to school in Waterford because of the train link.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Well if I was to advise a school I would definitely recommend the Good Counsel College in New Ross. It's run by the Augustinian Order and has some of the best facilities in the country particularly in relation to sport.

You'll get as good an education here than you would in Newtown without the fees...

http://www.goodcounselcollege.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Ah Another Counsel Boy :D:D:D

yeah comutin from Wexford would be a Dog, even Bridgetown and Rosslare are horendous prospects, it only makes sense to take the train if you live near WellingtonBridge, Ballycullane or Campile, I commuted to WRTC as it was back then and there were a few people doing that School run.

I had a mate who tried to commute to College from Roslare but he couldnt hack the early mornins.

So the Counsel is probably yer best bet, Turns out fine upstandin members of the community (Mostly;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

+1 for the good counsel. best school i've ever come across having said that i do live in new ross. I now do the daily commute to WIT myself and thats hard enough i know of one guy who does the daily commute from wex to WIT via the fleetline bus but its a lond auld day like.

Ledger

Advertisement