Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navara........ Any good???

• 07-02-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi!
    Anyone on here have any experiences with the Nissan Navara (06 onwards) I am looking for a crewcb pickup and I think the Navara is the best value for money compared to the L200 or the Hilux, they are also the best looking pickup. I have heard a few horror stories though about them chewing clutches and half shafts for fun.
    All views greatfully accepted:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alleyb

a friend has a 2008 navarro and is on its 3rd clutch, all looked after by warranty but his patience and confidence is totally gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

heard the same horrors about them. was told that they are geared to high, esp 1st gear leading to clutches burning out.
    a lad came into the yard last year with one. he went to leave with 4 cows in the box, couldnt get the thing started against the hill just kept stalling 5 times, and he wasnt the worst driver ive seen eventuall we pulled him up.

bought a hilux myself. really like the look of the navara but when you look at them on paper it not a patch on the hilux
    both have the same power, yet the navara has to over work the 2.5 to get it, and why dose it need a six speed gearbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

The newer model navara or d40 was much better than the old d22 navara,
    Engine are much better, plenty of power and quite easy to run, however have a problem with the clutch with the floating flywheel and if doing any towing at all give out very quickly-
    I think due to the numbers of complains there is a recall being done by Nissan I think but I would put the hilux in front of these navara’s any day.. I’d go for the 3litre model as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

dar31 wrote: »
    heard the same horrors about them. was told that they are geared to high, esp 1st gear leading to clutches burning out.
    a lad came into the yard last year with one. he went to leave with 4 cows in the box, couldnt get the thing started against the hill just kept stalling 5 times, and he wasnt the worst driver ive seen eventuall we pulled him up.

bought a hilux myself. really like the look of the navara but when you look at them on paper it not a patch on the hilux
    both have the same power, yet the navara has to over work the 2.5 to get it, and why dose it need a six speed gearbox

Low box:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Have you considered a Mazda B2500 - Ford Ranger ? Speaking from experience it's a great yoke. I've used mine to draw wood, turf light off road stuff ( lamping and hunting ) and I find it a great allrounder. It'll only cruise at about 50mph but it's quite good on the juice and it'll pull a 1 ton trailer just as quick on a good road. Another positive on mine, it's a 2001, is that all the bits for servicing are easily accesible if you're into DIY servicing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Ford4000 wrote: »
    Low box:confused:

said it didn't work, don't know wasn't driving

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭canon5571

kincaid wrote: »
    The newer model navara or d40 was much better than the old d22 navara,
    Engine are much better, plenty of power and quite easy to run, however have a problem with the clutch with the floating flywheel and if doing any towing at all give out very quickly-
    I think due to the numbers of complains there is a recall being done by Nissan I think but I would put the hilux in front of these navara’s any day.. I’d go for the 3litre model as well..

I suppose the hilux would be a much more solid option alright but then you will pay a heavier price for your toyota badge but I suppose you get what you pay for! It seems the Navara could be a pricey gamble.

Have you considered a Mazda B2500 - Ford Ranger ? Speaking from experience it's a great yoke. I've used mine to draw wood, turf light off road stuff ( lamping and hunting ) and I find it a great allrounder. It'll only cruise at about 50mph but it's quite good on the juice and it'll pull a 1 ton trailer just as quick on a good road. Another positive on mine, it's a 2001, is that all the bits for servicing are easily accesible if you're into DIY servicing.

Ya I was looking at them alright, didnt know much about them. I never heard much about Ford or Mazda 4x4's but by reading your post it throws a bit of positive light on them
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

hard to beat the toyota landcruiser too, i got an 04, 6 speed commerical, great machine,prefer them to crewcabs but depends what your into i suppose...
    come down in price a fair bit too so good bargains to be had outthere

kincaid wrote: »
    hard to beat the toyota landcruiser too, i got an 04, 6 speed commerical, great machine,prefer them to crewcabs but depends what your into i suppose...
    come down in price a fair bit too so good bargains to be had outthere

Passed a Toyota dealership today and seen a 06 SWB commerical landcruiser on the forecourt, €15,500 for it. Sound a lot? I was only driving by so I dont know th mileage, condition etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

canon5571 wrote: »
    Passed a Toyota dealership today and seen a 06 SWB commerical landcruiser on the forecourt, €15,500 for it. Sound a lot? I was only driving by so I dont know th mileage, condition etc.

i know someone who bought an 06 lwb eighteen months ago for 10 + vat , since the property boom collapsed , nothing has fallen through the floor like the price of jeeps , every young buck who mixed concrete for a grand a week is flat broke and has had to sell thier 4 by 4

Advertisement