Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attractions for children in Cork

Options
  • 07-02-2010 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

We are looking at taking our 4 year old niece to Cork as a treat for her birthday. While I've lived in Cork before for 6 months, not having a child meant that I didn't pay much attention to childrens activities in the area.

We will definitely take her to Fota wildlife park, but was wondering whether anyone had any other suggestions as to what might be fun for a little one?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

esharknz wrote: »
    We are looking at taking our 4 year old niece to Cork as a treat for her birthday. While I've lived in Cork before for 6 months, not having a child meant that I didn't pay much attention to childrens activities in the area.

We will definitely take her to Fota wildlife park, but was wondering whether anyone had any other suggestions as to what might be fun for a little one?

Thanks.
    The monkey maze in Glanmire is always a hit with my 4yr old, 8euro per child, adults are free, plus the food is v.good as well i.e. no crap stuff. Fota is great but v.expensive and a full day out so bring a full picnic and check the weather beforehand.

I have found this site to be v.accurate weatherwise. http://www.weathercity.com/ie/c/cork/ No point planning a day out in Fota only to be boxed in with a rainy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

If you like the outdoors I'd recommend a picnic in Farran Woods, as long as the weather is nice of course :) They have lovely walks in there, an enclosed area with lots of deer, a duck pond, a play ground and lots of picnic benches by the lake.

Entry is free right now too, they start charging once it gets closer to the summer.

Advertisement