Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail No Refund For Delay

Options
  • 07-02-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Sorry im slightly unsure as to where would be the most suitable place to post this.

Irish rail customer service is terrible last december on a train from dublin the train in front of mine broke down and so we were stuck in the middle of nowhere for quite some time and stop and starting really slowly for over 2 hours.Eventually they announced that all passengers could write to them to refund or obtain a customer charter form at the station which i did do and to this day i have not got a refund or anything from them which is an disgrace it seems that they just ignored the request for a refund.Its highly unlikely at this stage that i will ever get anything plus i cant prove it as they have my ticket.

I suppose i will just have to give up..there's nothing that can be done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

How many times have you contacted Irish Rail since you sent in the refund form?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

never give any one orginals. Always photocopy

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I just sent off the form and expected to hear something back but have not and they requested the orginal ticket to be sent with the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Zhane wrote: »
    How many times have you contacted Irish Rail since you sent in the refund form?
    you should only have to contact them once with your application and then you should get a response or at least an acknowledgement but that is obviously beyond irish rails capabilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

They lost my refund application before. Despite the fact that it was hand delivered to Connolly - they apparently lost it internally between there and Pearse.
    Don't let them away with it, apply again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If it's as hard to read as your post they're probably still trying to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

MOH wrote: »
    They lost my refund application before. Despite the fact that it was hand delivered to Connolly - they apparently lost it internally between there and Pearse.
    Don't let them away with it, apply again.

I would really like to not them get away with it but that does appear to be my only option as the ticket does have be sent with the form.

Advertisement