Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlake - 14th of Feb - Vicar St

Options
  • 07-02-2010 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to this even though I haven't really warmed to their new album.

Anyone heading to it? I'm driving up from cork!

Where's the best place to park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ahem...seems no one was that interested here but Vicar St was packed for a quality gig from Midlake. Played a great mixture of new and old (very important as the new album will probably turn out to be a grower).

Really enjoyed it even if I had to drive back to cork afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

really enjoyed this gig.

theres a good review of it in the ticket

have to say i fall into the camp of those liking the new album but I loved songs such as Roscoe and Head Home from first listen.

good crowd at the gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Playing again this sunday in vicar st, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Yeah , me too. Even though the latest album doesnt quite have the same heart to it as the Tim Smith albums.

Yeah , me too. Even though the latest album doesnt quite have the same heart to it as the Tim Smith albums.

I like it, definitely better than the courage of others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Nah, not for me. Loved the folk rock feel of Courage. And not so much the mechanical kind of feel of the more prog rock inspired new album. Tho it still has some great songs on it. Nothing will ever top Van Occupanther though

We're agreed on Van Occupanther being the best then, hopefully they play a good few from it.
    I like a bit of prog rock so was interested to see them take that direction with Antiphon

Advertisement