Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolves away... Wednesday 10th

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

ruiseal wrote: »
    .......and the Stoke game...and the Villa game....and the Birmingham game.....and Liverpool...and Villa....etc...etc.

...and now wolves away......disgusted!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Plus when you take into account that Wolves have only won 6 games all season so far, against............

Wigan, Fulham, Bolton, Burnley and twice against........Spurs.

It shows you the company we're in.

Typical Spurs, anything higher than 7th or 8th and their bollox disappear. It's not new players, extra training or tactics that we need, it's a hypnotist and a calendar. Hypnotist to make them believe and a calendar so that they realise a football season last's for 9 months.

My prediction is 8th for the season end. Still at least we've got the FA cup to play for.......then again hang on a minute.......fcuk wer'e away to Bolton......ahh well at least we got further than Arsenal. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adrian19081970

dreadful - the only consolation is pool losing and villa drawing

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Jesus I'm raging here....the missus has had to ask me clam down!!! :mad:

Harry what is goin on?? So many mistakes in the last few games. WTF?? Why didn't Palacious start tonight? It's a ****in tough away game and you play Jenas the pansy in midfield...as someone else said....what are you seeing that 36,000 fans aren't!!! I just don't get it! You let Alan Hutton go to Sunderland drop Corluka and bring Kaboul in??? I could go on all night but I have to get off this before I throw the laptop out the f'in window!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

dreadful - the only consolation is pool losing and villa drawing

Thats no consilation. If we dont look after our own business, we will get nowhere. It came up in a thread a while back, fellas saying we could get top 4. I asked, are we good enough to go on a run of 4/5 wins to really stake a claim,and I said it at the time.... not a fcuking chance !

Our management team have no brains. They dont have the tactical know how to change a game or to adapt to different conditions or situations etc.

Also, why let Robbie go ? Yes people have said he wasn't getting in and he wasn't happy, so let him off. I disagree. We only have defoe and Crouch. He doesn't like Pav which is obvious to all. We even rejected bids for him in Jan too, Im suprised Levy didn't just try recoup whatever he could. And in comes Gudjohnsen, a fella who is a decent footballer, but will take time to adapt and get match sharpness. Will he suit playing with Defoe/Crouch ? We are expected to test this out and find out while we are supposedly chasing a top 4 spot :rolleyes: - Keane was fit and buzzing to get a chance to prove he can continue the good form he showed with Defoe early season, why not keep him and give him such a chance after the recent poor results.

Im disgusted as you can tell. I felt this way months ago, but I said Id give him time, but it hasn't changed, and it wont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree, no consolation at all. Villa drew at home to Utd, a match we already lost. Fair enough Liverpool lost away to Arsenal, but so did we.

Unless we can sort our own performances out, there's no consolation in any other teams performances.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Disgusted with the result but not totally unexpected. Being a spurs fan for 30 years I have had this feeling lots of times before. Plane and simple we have too many players who don't care enough about the team. They are too weak mentally and Harry at the moment is not doing his job and kicking them up the arse after results like tonight. For Wolves to do the double on us is a disgrace and we can't expect anything if they can do that to us. We won't make top 6 at this rate and will probably get knocked out of the cup on sunday. there is something seriously wrong mentally with this bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

I'm even more angry now having seen the goal... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guess who was ball watching and didn't pick up Jones running into the box completely unmarked to score....JENAS!

Jones picked it up...Jenas had him. He got the ball out to the wing and Jenas completly switches off...Jones runs in behind him with some venom while Jenas strolls in in la la land.... :mad::mad::mad: AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHHH

If Palacious had of been on this wouldn't have happended..... end of!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I didn't see the game cos I was working,I only saw the Spurs lineup when I came on this thread and said to myself 'what the fcuk' that was a crazy team to put out for such an important game.It's no surprise now that we lost because the players that started on the bench should have been on the pitch.well that's bye bye 4th:mad::mad::mad:

We won't make top 6 at this rate and will probably get knocked out of the cup on sunday. there is something seriously wrong mentally with this bunch.

Get knocked out of the cup on Sunday, and its gonna be a long long couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Get knocked out of the cup on Sunday, and its gonna be a long long couple of months.

Even longer if Lennon doesn't come back from injury soon. Theyre saying 2-3 weeks but knowing our luck, it will be two months and just in time for him to feck off to South Africa with England and probably come back worse for wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tippspur wrote: »
    I didn't see the game cos I was working,I only saw the Spurs lineup when I came on this thread and said to myself 'what the fcuk' that was a crazy team to put out for such an important game.It's no surprise now that we lost because the players that started on the bench should have been on the pitch.well that's bye bye 4th:mad::mad::mad:

I wish that's all it was! I'd say bye bye even to 6th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Very disappointing and frustrating but once we seen the line up i think we feared the worst. I like kaboul but he is not a right back, we wouldnt expect dawson, king or woodgate to put a shift in there.
    Would rather have hutton or naughton to throw in there but harry in his wisdom sent them on loan, jesus even kyle walker would be better, at least its his position and he has been playing the championship regularly before he came back to us.
    Palacious coming on at half time shows that harry realises jenas isnt up to it, but i think it shows that he disregarded wolves and thought wed have enough to beat them with a weakened side, but we didnt.
    Were tottenham, we dont have the depth to meddle with our starting team, i think we have to play our strongest side week in week out and see how far we get with it with injuries etc.
    The rumours on other sites are not good re lennon, we have really hit a wobbler since he got hurt. FA cup or burst now im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

only bright spots is that bentley and bale did well. my god jenas was bad, so so bad. the rumours are that he is learning italian for his summer move to inter. he would actually be spot on over there, no tackling involved , just prancing around

someone posted that we lost away to arse and so did pool . the difference is we got thumped, pool were unlucky to lose and held their ground and played well even without torres.

city go SEVEN clear if they win their games in hand. pool playing well , villa solid as ever while we fall apart

it was harrys fault 2nite, end of. he wants to win the fa cup more than 4th spot. thats why he rested all the big players instead of resting them on sunday. he dosent see himself there for too long id say so he wanted a trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

well well what can i say that hasnt been said already about that performance,nothing i firmly believe our 4th place push ended at anfield.

harry done a great job last season by saving the club from relegation but it would seem that 4th is not a priority this season. there is no reason to play jenas ahead of palacios against a team like wolves other than to hold him back for "the more important game" against the very similar bolton.
    harry in his wisdom must see fa cup as a more realistic goal than 4th spot.

you have to start to wonder has he got what it takes to progress a team any further than the current level,top 6 finish and a fa cup final(i know there are still a few games to get there) it would hardly be a bad return,but the fans want champions league football and so does the board.
    with their previous history of impatience with managers i would not be surprised if the only thing that can save harry now is the fa cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Harry made 5 changes to the starting line up from the Villa game. 5 changes from a team that played Villa off the park, unbeaten in quite a few games, challenging for a top 4 spot etc. Who are we all of a sudden - Man United? WTF was Harry thinking-We would just change the spine of the team and still get a result. By the time he made the changes in the second half the damage had been done. Wolves grabbed a lead and defended just as they did at WHL.

Kaboul to my knowledge is a centre half ( and it looked that way last night as Jarvis rang rings around him. Bassong for King (no real problem there), also I hoped Niko would be given a chance as Modric cannot shoot/score. Gudjohsen for Crouch should not have happened as the big fella has been playing well and the Icelandic forward looks unfit and should not have started. And then we come to Jenas- I have defended him in the past but not any more. He can f88k right off. Jones just waltzed into the box past that lazy git and scored. Harry should give him a right bollicking(?).

You cannot make 5 changes to a winning (well not losing) team and expect it all to work out. If Harry had made those changes against lower oppostion in the cup I would be worried but away to a Premiership side is ridiculous. He over rated our bunch of wasters and didn't give Woves their fair dues. And they totally deserved to win the game last night. Other games we have lost or only drawn i have come out and defened Spurs as we have been playing quite well but last night was disgraceful. Harry ballsed it up for us all and we now have a mountain to climb if we want to play in Europe next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Well beaten and nobody cares enough to do something about it yet again. Following Spurs is like living in Ireland after a general election, the same old dross returns to bring you back down to earth.
    I wouldn’t like to live anywhere else or support anyone else mind you.

Anyone on here who gives out about Harry for rotating last night should apologise to the man and be ashamed. FFS any squad worth its salt should be able to turn out a team from the dregs of said group to win at Molineaux. Arsenals kids would expect to beat Wolves first team by more than 2 would they not? Harry doesn’t wear the jersey, the sad overpriced overhyped excuses for Spurs players do.

Our problem as it has always been is the culture of the club, like Ireland we reward mediocrity we always have. Winning is NOT an essential part of THFC it never was sadly. Like it or not this permeates a player’s psyche where it gets to the point that they don’t have to break a gut in a white jersey. They only need to do the odd bit of magic and they will be loved. We all contribute to this culture by going back and cheering for said heroes.

No point crying over spilt milk now, a win at Bolton this weekend and a home draw vs. the winner of South Coast derby for example and everything will be forgotten about once again, and on the cycle goes.

Any talk of Harry’s job being under pressure is just lunacy imo. The club whilst pining for Champions league revenue and football would do well to remember we’d have been at home to Scunthorpe last weekend if it weren’t for Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The amount of times I saw a midfielded pass the ball and just stop running when they didn't have it. KEEP RUNNING YOU PRICK.

All the same, play it down the flanks, hoof in hopeful crosses, bring on Crouch, don't even bother with that any more and play route one. F*cksake, anyone could defend against that. Jenas is so f*cking sh*t. Harry's biggest crime is Pavlyuchenko and Dos Santos though. Two talented players that could do the business and yet he's determined to make them leave.

golfball37 wrote: »

Anyone on here who gives out about Harry for rotating last night should apologise to the man and be ashamed. FONT]

I'll take that with a pinch of salt. It all comes back to the manager. He picks the team, he buys and sells the players, and he decides what chages are made etc. Although in our case, our manager needs 4/5 fellas around him advising and throwing in there opinion. That in itself is crazy. What top manager has this set up, not many that I know off.

Too many times he has been found wanting...

Advertisement