Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving music?

• 07-02-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

Do you listen to the radio or CDs when driving?

If so, what do you like to listen to?

(Totally looking for new noisy driving suggestions!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Blush_01 wrote: »

Depends what time of the day it is, on way to work and home I listen to the radio usually spin 1038 or i105-107.

If its a long drive I will change between radio/cds, I listen to anything from Boyzone/Westlife, Susan Boyle, dance music. All depends on what way my head is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Paolo Nutini, Sunny Side Up is a must for the car! And Imelda May, Love Tattoo! Generally anything I can sing and dance to! I'm new to this driving malarky so I still get excited when I'm planning the music to listen to. I have one of those ipod connection thingies to plug into my cigarette lighter so it hooks up to the radio. Easier to do than hauling CDs in and out of the car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭MissIT

George Micheal!!!!

Myself and a friend went to Limerick last week. I made him listen to George the whole way to Limerick and home again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have my ipod hook up to my car stereo at all times, over 5000 songs to choose from!! And it's all controlled through the stereo, no need to be fiddling with the ipod itself. I listen to a lot of different music, it all depends on my mood. I never listen to the radio anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

one of my favorite car songs:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

Let's do noisy properly! :cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoWqWqDrkl0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Lillylilly wrote: »
    Imelda May, Love Tattoo!

I bought that for a journey I was taking with my parents because my mother calls my music "noise". She has such a pretty voice!

I mainly listened to Paramore (I think I'm possibly 13 at heart) and Biffy Clyro this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Half the reason I bought a car was so that I could drive on a long stretch of road on my own, BLAST this song and sing along at the top of my voice. It's the first thing I did when I got the car. Pay no attention to the terribly directed video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I have iPod on shuffle, with a particular genre picked based on mood of the day. At the moment I'm listening to gothic metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I flick through Newstalk, Dublin City Traffic report and Phantom in the mornings. In the evenings or if the radio is boring I usually have my iPod on shuffle. I don't have any particular driving music, I like to listen to most stuff I have, It's the only time I really get to listen (& shout along to)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Guns n Roses appetite for destruction! nothing like it for driving to :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Hooked

Ahhhh... ye olde driving music...

I fell in love with Boston's "More than a feeling" while driving the Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to LA last Oct. When the ad comes on the telly now for Barclays, all I can think of is cruising along Big Sur with the top down in the Mustang. Getting goosebumps just thinking about it... Had to share.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Blush_01 wrote: »

Deftones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

There has been an official Q102 agreement installed in the car. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I listen to the radio in the morning for news etc.

During the day I like either i 105 or Spin cause they play the most music,

Or I listen to CD's

my favourite car music CD's are

Fleetwood Mac (the greatest hits), Daft Punk, Sting and the Police and The Eagles

I have a few playlists downloaded from a niteclub I used to go to when I was young called the system. Its ravey stuff, but great to listen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I never really listen to the radio in the car unless I'm in a mood where I'm not sure what exactly I want to listen to.

I make myself mix cd's with my favourite songs at the time, or friends make me mix cd's and I listen to those. :)

On my last car journey, with two friends, we listened to :

So yeah, a mixture of all kinds of things!

See listening to music makes me drive too fast. :S

So I like to download audiobooks. Or listen to some kind of talk radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Steppenwolf - Born to be wild..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j-XzYBBIwY

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i never listen to the radio when i'm driving, always a mix of albums.

loving florence and the machine at the minute, wailing like an injured cat always gets me in a good mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Oh i like listening to nightwish and staind in the car, think everyone is getting fed up listening to it now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

I'm on a Fields of the Nephilim - Rammstein - Christian Death ipod rotation at the moment :D Rammstein's for the motorway when I don't get this look from cars pulled up beside me at the lights :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My favorite driving song is the clichéd don't stop believing. Usually only when I'm driving by myself, get totally into it, singing at the top of my voice. Great fun.

Other than that my ipod is usually just on shuffle, or whoever is in car with me picks songs off it or if I'm in the mood for something they'll put it on.

Advertisement