Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT OMSP Figures, effect a change???

• 08-02-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

I have heard they get these from looking on Carzone (or maybe SIMI), and for a lot of motors they seem to have dropped to realistic levels, however certain cars (ie. ones I'm looking at :mad:) seem vastly overpriced. A 2002 E39 M5 with 100k miles attracts VRT of €8799, on an OMSP of €24444...there's an '02 on Carzone for €16-17k!

My question being is there any way to discuss this with them prior to bringing it in, or is it strictly pay their daft sum and appeal...anyone any experience in this area?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Cars&cars

hi

vrt office will not take account of high miles - it cuts off at around 70k or 80k I think -- they expect you to pay and appeal based on higher mileage.

its mad ofcourse, but its a tax scam, take in as much tax as possible, they have only dropped OMSP because prices were falling so quickly in the car market, they were looking totally silly on the revenue website, but revenue are aware of some high end cars and they tend to keep these high, like M3

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

2001 BMW 540 with 76k miles has an OMSP of over €21,000 and VRT due of nearly €8,000 when it's 'value' is closer to €7,000... so it's only a mere 3 times what it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Cars&cars wrote: »
    hi

vrt office will not take account of high miles - it cuts off at around 70k or 80k I think -- they expect you to pay and appeal based on higher mileage.

Thats not true, if anything its the opposite, they dont seem to actively increase VRT based on low miles.

Just checked a '2000 Audi S8 4.2 360bhp, VRT owed:
    40 to 85k Miles - €1716
    86 - 110k miles - €1661
    150k miles - €1545

Ive seen this on a BMW 530i I imported too, they put down 150k Km instead of 150k Miles and the VRT they wanted at the office went up. Definately not capped at anything like 85k, I assume it just peters off via diminishing returns around 200k miles.

Screw the 540i VRT price (something very wrong with it), a 2000 Audi RS4's VRT is EUR1600! Also, someone on Octane recently found an e38 728i is valued higher (hence VRT is much more) than a 740i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

IIRC there's about a €1k difference on an '02 M5 between say 75k miles and 125k.

It's all thrown my plans a bit really :rolleyes: I actually thought about a 2001 RS4 (would love one), but they are much bigger money in the UK than the M5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

So *ahem* you could clock a car up, VRT it, and then clock it back to where it was again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement