Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DynDNS on Netopia 2247-02

• 08-02-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this? I'm aware that it's possible to set-up DynDNS on the aforementioned router using telnet but I lack the details of how to go about this and I was wondering if some kind soul here might spare the time to impart their wisdom in this area?

Thanks in advance,
    Antar.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Actually, never mind I've found my solution :D.

(The following assumes you are using dyndns.org, I don;t know if anything else is supported)

For those who are curious or may dig this thread up via a search in the future the solution is to telnet into the router using a program like hyperterminal which is installed as standard on win XP (not sure about later versions) under accesories-> communication by default.

When setting up your telnet session call it what you like and tell it to connect using tcp/ip. The host address is the address for your router, in the case of the netopia 2247-02 the default address is 192.168.1.254

Once in the telnet session the commands you want to use are:

>configure
    >set dynamic-dns option dyndns.org
    >set dynamic-dns ddns-host-name myhostname.dyndns.org
    >set dynamic-dns ddns-user-name myusername
    >set dynamic-dns ddns-user-password myuserpassword
    >save
    >quit

Restart your router and everything should be working :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

Is this possible on a netopia 3347NWG ?

Netopia 3347NWG,
    Software Version 7.7.0r6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Honestly I don't know but update your router to the latest firmware and try it. If it doesn't work then the CLI will just come back with an unknown command so won't do any damage.

Also, I fear I may have posted in haste as while it's seems to have worked initially it hasn't kept my ip up to date with the dynamically assigned ip so I'm heading back in to see if there's a setting I missed.

Edit: Just looking at the user guide there for the 3347NWG and I can't find anything about dyndns so I would assume it doesn't support it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

gordonnet wrote: »
    Is this possible on a netopia 3347NWG ?

Netopia 3347NWG,
    Software Version 7.7.0r6

Yes ....... telnet into it in similar manner as described above for the 2247

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BaldyBishop

That telnet configuration will not work with dnsdynamic.org
    Any ideas please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 BaldyBishop

Thanks Johnboy but that fix only works with dyndns.org I'm using dnsdynamic.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks Johnboy but that fix only works with dyndns.org I'm using dnsdynamic.org

Does the router have provision for other than DYNdns.org?

Advertisement