Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sternum Piercing

Options
  • 08-02-2010 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Well i got my sternum pierced a few weeks ago,Really love it and want to keep it as long as i can ,Well my piercer used a curved bar but i heard they don't last as long and that surface piercing bars last better :
    33epow8.jpg
    These?
    Well i was just wondering is it possible to get the bar changed? when it's healed that is.
    Sorry if my question is completely stupid!

Also do microdermals last?I know most piercings can reject but would they be better than a surface piercing in the long run.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If he/she used a curved bar I would just take it out now to be honest :( The curve will put immense pressure on the entry and exit points of the piercing and basically make it reject.

Surface bars relieve the pressure but still not 100% guaranteed and the same goes for microdermals. Micro's are a lot harder to remove also.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Is there anyway i can get the bar changed to a surface bar or is that out of the question?
    But microdermals would have a chance of lasting? I've heard someone say they've had theirs for two years. Im major attacthed to it :(

Could be doable, tbh I'm not really sure. Surface piercings are so very picky, changing the jewellery could p¡ss it off mucho. Head back to your piercer, or a new place and see what they say?

Microdermals are another option but as i said they're hard to remove and can leave a lot of scarring. Usually have to be removed by a scalpel.

Yeah i might head back to a new place,wasn't to fond of the place were i got it done guy wasn't to helpful

I wouldn't be removing them unless i really really had to.
    Thank you :D

No worries.

do your best to soak/poultice it and try not let it get irritated but bring yourself to a piercer and get their professional opinion

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

That piercing is nigh-on impossible to keep anyway, but the curved barbell will make it even worse for you. I've had my sternum done twice and they never lasted more than 3-4 months as it is such a high movement area.

Ah damn,Okay thank you =) I think i might just save for two microdermals to replace the surface piercing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I had the sternum done for like a day outta boredom :o

All this talk of scarring from micro dermals will have cookie jar not happy!

The prob for ye women is the bra, It's why some my ex's had to take theirs out

The bra really?
    Mine is fine no were near it lol.
    Only time it gets knocked is when im sleeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yup well it was with her with the bit at the front connecting the cups. Lucky you,leaves an obvious scar when it's removed though

• Advertisement

She must have gotten it pierced way lower than mine then or her bra is just **** lol because mine is no where near it.
    Oh i know but feck it ,i love it .
    I want to get mircodermals were the scars will be if thats possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jippers87

Allure_ wrote: »
    The bra really?
    Mine is fine no were near it lol.
    Only time it gets knocked is when im sleeping

Ow Ow Ow lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Munster_Abu

I had my sternum pierced, with a mircodermal. It healed after alot of work, cleaning twice a day and like finding bras that didnt go near it. They were hard to come by. Lol.. After couple months started using normal bras, it got caught once and that was the end of it.. I tried and i tried to get it healed again. Wasnt happening. So decided it had to come out, but the guy who had pierced it for me had moved away. It resorted to using a pillars to cut it out. Not fun. Scarred pretty bad.. Its a risky piercing. Loved it though, wish I still had it.!:(

Advertisement