Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nuvi255 power charging problem

Options
  • 08-02-2010 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Just bought a Nuvi 255 for my trip over to Spain. Tried the cig lighter on my car here in Eire to charge the unit and it worked fine....but guess what, I had it in the rental car in Spain and nada it just wouldnt charge up (the light on the charger itself didnt come on) and what do you know....about 5k to my destination going tru small Spainish towns, in the dark, the sat nav tells me low battery...this was the first I noticed it wasnt charging. I wont bore you with the rest........but found my destination

After all that my question is, is the power on the cig lighter different on european cars as to Irish or Uk ones, is that why the sat nav wouldnt charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Output from cigarette lighters is universal, at 12v.
    If you're not getting a light on the charger, then it's likely the fuse for the cigarette lighter is blown, hence no power.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

Stupid car....nearly got me lost :)
    Cheers for that

Advertisement